- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
12 years 11 months ago #127069
by Metasoma
Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs was created by Metasoma
I have a problem with your Hikashop Social Networks Plugin. The plugin works fine when Joomla SEF URLs is off. But when SEF is on, the plugin doesn't work properly. The plugin doesn't post the correct link of a product page to Facebook or Twitter. Let's say I have this url of a product page:
www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar
The plugin posts only this part:
www.site.com/shop/movies
I tried to use AddThis buttons but there is the same problem. So how to fix all this?
I tried to use AddThis buttons but there is the same problem. So how to fix all this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127097
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Hi,
Have you set a value in the "canonical url" field of your product in the product edition page ?
If it is, thanks to try to change it, it seems to be an invalid url and that's why the given url is wrong.
Have you set a value in the "canonical url" field of your product in the product edition page ?
If it is, thanks to try to change it, it seems to be an invalid url and that's why the given url is wrong.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127105
by Metasoma
Replied by Metasoma on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Well, it seems you are right, it has something to do with canonical url. I see <link href="
www.site.com/shop/movies
" rel="canonical" /> in the source of every page. But I have never changed the value of the field, it's blank. In PHPMyAdmin product_canonical is blank.
I tried to change the value from blank to the actual link ( www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar ), and I see in PHPMyAdmin that product_canonical is changed, it's www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar , but in the source of the page it's still www.site.com/shop/movies " rel="canonical" />.
I tried to change the value from blank to the actual link ( www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar ), and I see in PHPMyAdmin that product_canonical is changed, it's www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar , but in the source of the page it's still www.site.com/shop/movies " rel="canonical" />.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127131
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
If the canonical field is empty, you should have nothing as canonical url.
Are you sure that you don't have the canonical twice ?
You have maybe another component which is generating canonical urls.
Are you sure that you don't have the canonical twice ?
You have maybe another component which is generating canonical urls.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127146
by Metasoma
Replied by Metasoma on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
I have no any other components installed. Only Joomla and Hikashop. That's what else I found out:
When Joomla SEF is ON:
I see <link href=" www.site.com/shop/movies " rel="canonical" /> only on a product page, like www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar , there is nothing on a category page, like www.site.com/shop/movies or www.site.com/shop .
When Joomla SEF is OFF:
I see <link href=" www.site.com/index.php?option=com_hikash...mp;view=product&blah blah blah" rel="canonical" /> absolutely on every page, like www.site.com/shop/movies or www.site.com/shop .
When Joomla SEF is ON:
I see <link href=" www.site.com/shop/movies " rel="canonical" /> only on a product page, like www.site.com/shop/movies/product/show/avatar , there is nothing on a category page, like www.site.com/shop/movies or www.site.com/shop .
When Joomla SEF is OFF:
I see <link href=" www.site.com/index.php?option=com_hikash...mp;view=product&blah blah blah" rel="canonical" /> absolutely on every page, like www.site.com/shop/movies or www.site.com/shop .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127200
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Hi,
I just tried on my end with the exemple given, and the canonical url is the good one, and the link for the hikashopsocial is the good one too.
Thanks to give us a link to your website, a backend and ftp access in order to debug that.
I just tried on my end with the exemple given, and the canonical url is the good one, and the link for the hikashopsocial is the good one too.
Thanks to give us a link to your website, a backend and ftp access in order to debug that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127252
by Metasoma
Replied by Metasoma on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Well, I solved the problem. I turned off the System - SEF plug-in in the Joomla's Plug-in Manager. Now everything works fine. But what I don't understand is that how Joomla's SEF still works. I thought that the plug-in was responsible for the entire SEF feature. So, the plug-in is turned off - no SEF URLs. But they are still there, only now there is no that canonical url in the source of a page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129942
by dartmen
Replied by dartmen on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Hi,
I have a problem with URLs. There is an ID number in front of categories and products in URL.
I tried to use canonical URL but without success. Any ideas how to ger rid of this id in URL?
I'm using Czech lang.
Thanks
I have a problem with URLs. There is an ID number in front of categories and products in URL.
I tried to use canonical URL but without success. Any ideas how to ger rid of this id in URL?
I'm using Czech lang.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130067
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hikashop Social Networks Plugin and SEF URLs
Hi,
There is actually no options for that in HikaShop.
If we remove the ids and there is two products with the same name it can cause problems.
It's in our todo list.
Actually you can probably JoomSef for this kind of things, they have a good integration with HikaShop.
There is actually no options for that in HikaShop.
If we remove the ids and there is two products with the same name it can cause problems.
It's in our todo list.
Actually you can probably JoomSef for this kind of things, they have a good integration with HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds