Custom Fields for Specific category on checkout
- in2computing
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago #127684
by in2computing
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
www.in2computing.com
Custom Fields for Specific category on checkout was created by in2computing
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
barnetpcservices.com/index.php/hikashop-...y-maintenance-plan-1
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 24.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi
I was wondering whether it is possible to collect more information using custom fields as seen in the above page during checkout (not in the product page) and make it applicable only for particular categories.
I am looking for this option as these fields are not relevant for other products in the store.
It will be great if you can help me to achieve this facility.
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 24.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi
I was wondering whether it is possible to collect more information using custom fields as seen in the above page during checkout (not in the product page) and make it applicable only for particular categories.
I am looking for this option as these fields are not relevant for other products in the store.
It will be great if you can help me to achieve this facility.
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
www.in2computing.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127712
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields for Specific category on checkout
Hi,
There is no option for that. You can do it on the product page with custom item fields but not on the checkout as the custom field system doesn't know which categories of products are in the cart or not.
There is no option for that. You can do it on the product page with custom item fields but not on the checkout as the custom field system doesn't know which categories of products are in the cart or not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
12 years 11 months ago #127741
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic Custom Fields for Specific category on checkout
Is the reason you want to do it during checkout so the customer won't have to answer the same question multiple times, if they buy several items from the same category?
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- in2computing
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 11 months ago #128062
by in2computing
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
www.in2computing.com
Replied by in2computing on topic Custom Fields for Specific category on checkout
Thanks for your reply.
PolishedGeek's reply made me think. I am selling Maintenence Support per computer. If a customer order more than 1 qty, then its for more than one computer so, I will need to collect information about more than one computer.
I think I will be better off attaching a pdf or doc file asking for more information.
Can anyone suggest any other way?
PolishedGeek's reply made me think. I am selling Maintenence Support per computer. If a customer order more than 1 qty, then its for more than one computer so, I will need to collect information about more than one computer.
I think I will be better off attaching a pdf or doc file asking for more information.
Can anyone suggest any other way?
Thanks and regards
Yogi
www.barnetpcservices.com
www.in2computing.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds