- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
Multi language for category description
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 9 months ago #135861
by giorgiofox
Multi language for category description was created by giorgiofox
Hello,
I'm using a Joomla 2.5 multi language site (italian and english).
I need to use differente text for the category description (one for english and one for italian), but If I fill the description in IT-it and EN-en tabs, I can't see my translation (see attached image).
Where I can manage this languages?
I have already activate the multi language format in Hikashop option.
I've a simple language selector (default of Joomla 2.5) as language switch.
I need also to translate my added field
thanks in advance
Giorgio
I'm using a Joomla 2.5 multi language site (italian and english).
I need to use differente text for the category description (one for english and one for italian), but If I fill the description in IT-it and EN-en tabs, I can't see my translation (see attached image).
Where I can manage this languages?
I have already activate the multi language format in Hikashop option.
I've a simple language selector (default of Joomla 2.5) as language switch.
I need also to translate my added field
thanks in advance
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135922
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Multi language for category description
Hi,
Which multi-language system are you using ?
In this component language entries, do you see the edited names ?
Which multi-language system are you using ?
In this component language entries, do you see the edited names ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #135924
by giorgiofox
Replied by giorgiofox on topic Multi language for category description
I'm using the default Joomla 2.5 components to manage translation.
I've no installed any components or plugin to do that.
I've no installed any components or plugin to do that.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by giorgiofox.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135947
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multi language for category description
Before you can configure your languages via these tabs, you must have had installed either joomfish or falang on your website. Otherwise, you shouldn't be able to turn on the multilingual interface option of the Languages tab of the configuration.
If you check your database with phpmyadmin, you should definitely see the table of either joomfish or falang in there.
HikaShop multilingual system requires either joomfish or falang to be installed and configured, to be able to work properly. Of course, you can still translate the rest of your joomla content with the default system.
If you check your database with phpmyadmin, you should definitely see the table of either joomfish or falang in there.
HikaShop multilingual system requires either joomfish or falang to be installed and configured, to be able to work properly. Of course, you can still translate the rest of your joomla content with the default system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #136009
by giorgiofox
Replied by giorgiofox on topic Multi language for category description
Hello,
I've installed Joomfish, but I can't still use the languages tab, the site won't show the English content.. what I need to do?
For example also, I want to change the name of a category, (ex. "Artisti" is the default italian name, and "Artists" the englis translation), what I need to do?
Thanks
Giorgio
I've installed Joomfish, but I can't still use the languages tab, the site won't show the English content.. what I need to do?
For example also, I want to change the name of a category, (ex. "Artisti" is the default italian name, and "Artists" the englis translation), what I need to do?
Thanks
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #136011
by giorgiofox
Replied by giorgiofox on topic Multi language for category description
Ok, now It Work!! I have re enabled language management and now it work,
but now I have another problem: I can't see a product, If I enable english:
If I try to access to a product in italian still have no problem, but If I switch to english, I can see only a white page!
(You have user e password in PM, if you need it)
thanks
Giorgio
but now I have another problem: I can't see a product, If I enable english:
If I try to access to a product in italian still have no problem, but If I switch to english, I can see only a white page!
(You have user e password in PM, if you need it)
thanks
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136109
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multi language for category description
Hi,
I'm not able to log on your website with the access provided.
If you get a blank page, please turn on the debug mode and the error reporting options of the joomla configuration and try again. Then, please tell us if you get an error message instead of the blank page.
If you don't, the please look in your PHP error log (you can ask your hosting company if you don't know what that is) for the Fatal error message on that page that is not displayed by PHP.
I'm not able to log on your website with the access provided.
If you get a blank page, please turn on the debug mode and the error reporting options of the joomla configuration and try again. Then, please tell us if you get an error message instead of the blank page.
If you don't, the please look in your PHP error log (you can ask your hosting company if you don't know what that is) for the Fatal error message on that page that is not displayed by PHP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds