- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
Joomfish & Custom Fields Contents
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Hello,
I'm using Hikashop & Joomfish to manage products and translations.
I have many custom field, and I've easy translated the custom field label name, but now I need to translate the contents of these custom fields, for example:
Italian:
DIMENSIONI: 12x12x12 cm
TECNICA: Acrilico
English
DIMENSIONS: 7x7x7 inch
TECHNIQUE: Acrylic
what I need to do to manage custom fields translations?
thanks
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the label of the fields, you can go in JoomFish and translate the field via the the Joomfish interface.
For the values, instead of entering the value, enter a translation key like ACRYLIC and then add that translation key in the override of your translation files via the Languages of the configuration like that:
ACRYLIC="Acrilico"
The system will then replace the value with the translation automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
I've done the translations in the ovveride of languages file,
for example:
BRONZO=“bronze”
FERRO=“iron”
CUOIO=“leather”
but this english page, don't show the correct translation, as you can see in "technique" custom field.
www.iaga.eu/index.php/en/artists/product...l-tempo-sospeso-rino
thanks
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
PS, you have user and password to enter, with a PM of some days ago..
thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We don't keep track of the accesses that you provide us between different threads.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
I will send now you with a PM user and password,
thanks Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
single dropdown, multiple dropdown, radio buttons, checkboxes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
Is very important translate these fields for me, I can change type of flelds, bit I need to enter custom text in every different product..
any other solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
I have already many products composed correctly in italian.
For example the field Technique, have many various type of data inside it.
I want to automatic traslate the single words that compose this.
For example, if in italian the text is "Bronzo, Ferro, Cuoio", tha automatic translation need to be "Bronze, Iron, Leather".
IF the next product technique is for example "Bronzo" or only "Cuoio" I have automatic translated with "Bronzo" or only "Leather".
With drop down field I need to manage too many type:
-Bronzo Ferro Cuoio
-Bronzo Ferro
-Bronzo
-Ferro Cuoio
-Cuoio
-Ferro Bronzo
etc etc etc
Imagine this for many products!! Is impossible think about this.
Another way is doing the translation in traditional mode using Joomfish for every products, but is impossible to manage the translations of the custom fields contents.
I've already pay for a professional translator that have make for me a table, with all the possibly words used to describe technique, now I need only to apply it.. I have hoped to do that as you first reply of this post..
I hope to have explained better to you my actual problem, do you have a genial solution now?
or maybe Can you please explain me better the XML Solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Simply add the line in the contentelements xml file of the hikashop_product table in JoomFish.
There is nothing complex about it. You can do that in JoomFish's interface.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
Can you please, make me a little example?
thanks
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giorgiofox
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 0
<field type="text" name="tecnica" length="255" maxlength="255" translate="1">Tecnica</field>
in the file hikashop_product.xml, stored in administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/
Thank you
Giorgio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.