- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143334
by tinaflet
Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6 was created by tinaflet
I need to put up 11 different teas and they need to be purchased in a box of 6 teas. This box can have any of the the teas. ie 6 packs of one tea, 2 packs of one tea and 4 packs of another tea, maybe 1 pack of 6 different tea or any combination
My issue is how to do this - if I put all of the teas on as individual products how do I make sure they only buy in combinations of 6 to make the box or if I make it one product "6 Boxes of tea of your choice" how do I give them all the options of packs above.
I thought of controlling it with shipping weight but can't work out a way as I already other products available and have used manual shipping to set postage.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.kundalinibooks.com.au (teas disable at the moment while I work this out)
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla 3.2
My issue is how to do this - if I put all of the teas on as individual products how do I make sure they only buy in combinations of 6 to make the box or if I make it one product "6 Boxes of tea of your choice" how do I give them all the options of packs above.
I thought of controlling it with shipping weight but can't work out a way as I already other products available and have used manual shipping to set postage.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.kundalinibooks.com.au (teas disable at the moment while I work this out)
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla 3.2
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by tinaflet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #143435
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6
Hi,
The solution will probably be to :
- Set the weight of your products to 1 kg
- Create your shipping methods regarding your number of products, for example for your 2 first shipping method you'll have to set the minimum/maximum weight to 5.99 and 6.1 and for your second shipping method 11.99 and 12.1 kg.
I thought of controlling it with shipping weight but can't work out a way as I already other products available and have used manual shipping to set postage.
The solution will probably be to :
- Set the weight of your products to 1 kg
- Create your shipping methods regarding your number of products, for example for your 2 first shipping method you'll have to set the minimum/maximum weight to 5.99 and 6.1 and for your second shipping method 11.99 and 12.1 kg.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #143454
by tinaflet
Replied by tinaflet on topic Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6
Thanks I got that to work, but if they don't put in 6 boxes this error comes up
*The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods
Can this be changed to "You need to purchase 6 boxes to complete this order - Thank you
Can you please give me where I would find the error message so I can change it
Thanks
*The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods
Can this be changed to "You need to purchase 6 boxes to complete this order - Thank you
Can you please give me where I would find the error message so I can change it
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #143456
by tinaflet
Replied by tinaflet on topic Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #143474
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Products that need to be purchased in a box of 6
Glad you found the answer to your question.
And thanks for sharing the link!
And thanks for sharing the link!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds