- Posts: 157
- Thank you received: 2
adding Custom fields for product
12 years 6 months ago #148085
by Carolek
adding Custom fields for product was created by Carolek
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
temp.yaeliq.com/fruits.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome last one
-
Hey,
I want to add to my product a custom field and I need a step by step tutorial to do it. Is there anywhere something like this?
I bought the business version.
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome last one
-
Hey,
I want to add to my product a custom field and I need a step by step tutorial to do it. Is there anywhere something like this?
I bought the business version.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148088
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic adding Custom fields for product
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148134
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic adding Custom fields for product
I found this but this is not a step by step tutorial. I really need to know how to add this field to my product...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148136
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic adding Custom fields for product
Hi,
You have to go in HikaShop.
Click on the menu Display > Custom fields.
Click on "New" in the toolbar.
Fill the field name in the "label" field.
Select the kind of custom field in the "Table" field. (product, if you fill the value. item, if the customer must fill the value)
Select the type of the field in "Field type" to display text field, radio buttons, ...
Enable the option "Frontend" if you want to display it for the customers.
Save.
If you have selected "product" and not "item":
Then edit a product (still in backend), and you should see the newly created custom field displayed, just fill this field and save.
It is now displayed on frontend.
If you have selected "item":
The custom field is already displayed in frontend.
You have to go in HikaShop.
Click on the menu Display > Custom fields.
Click on "New" in the toolbar.
Fill the field name in the "label" field.
Select the kind of custom field in the "Table" field. (product, if you fill the value. item, if the customer must fill the value)
Select the type of the field in "Field type" to display text field, radio buttons, ...
Enable the option "Frontend" if you want to display it for the customers.
Save.
If you have selected "product" and not "item":
Then edit a product (still in backend), and you should see the newly created custom field displayed, just fill this field and save.
It is now displayed on frontend.
If you have selected "item":
The custom field is already displayed in frontend.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148213
by Carolek
Replied by Carolek on topic adding Custom fields for product
Thank you! But if I want the custom field to be display only in selected products and not in all products?
For this example I have some products in sold and I want to display something like this:
"Retail price - 36 $
sale discount price - 18 $"
But not in all products. Cause not all products are in sale. Is that a way for this?
For this example I have some products in sold and I want to display something like this:
"Retail price - 36 $
sale discount price - 18 $"
But not in all products. Cause not all products are in sale. Is that a way for this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148238
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic adding Custom fields for product
Hi,
Why not use the discounts ? Or the retail price field with translation overrides ?
Regarding the custom fields, if you let the field empty, it will not be displayed in frontend.
Why not use the discounts ? Or the retail price field with translation overrides ?
Regarding the custom fields, if you let the field empty, it will not be displayed in frontend.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds