- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Duplicate image folders
12 years 6 months ago #150585
by boopoo
Duplicate image folders was created by boopoo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
Hi there,
With this latest release, once again I now have a duplication of image folders. You have now created more folders in the com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails folder. For example, I have a folder for my main product images with folder file name '400x650' and you have just created another folder which is called '400x650f'. My product images now come from the second duplication of the original folder.
Can you say why have you done this? I need to upload all my images again as the ones you create are about 20% heavier than my original images. This takes a lot of time as I have several websites. If an image folder exists, why is your system creating another folder (within the same folder). I am not sure which image folders I can keep and delete now.
Hi there,
With this latest release, once again I now have a duplication of image folders. You have now created more folders in the com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails folder. For example, I have a folder for my main product images with folder file name '400x650' and you have just created another folder which is called '400x650f'. My product images now come from the second duplication of the original folder.
Can you say why have you done this? I need to upload all my images again as the ones you create are about 20% heavier than my original images. This takes a lot of time as I have several websites. If an image folder exists, why is your system creating another folder (within the same folder). I am not sure which image folders I can keep and delete now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #150612
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Duplicate image folders
Hello,
The '400x650f' folder was created because you have the "Force images size" option set to YES through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main", so if you want your new product images to be saved through your "400x650" folder you'll just have to set that option to NO
The '400x650f' folder was created because you have the "Force images size" option set to YES through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main", so if you want your new product images to be saved through your "400x650" folder you'll just have to set that option to NO
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150759
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Duplicate image folders
Thank you Mohammed for that explanation.
It seems all new image folders are created in 'media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails'
Can you confirm I can therefore delete all image folders previously created in 'media/com_hikashop/upload' ?
It seems all new image folders are created in 'media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails'
Can you confirm I can therefore delete all image folders previously created in 'media/com_hikashop/upload' ?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by boopoo. Reason: change
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150766
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Duplicate image folders
Hi Mohammed. I have gone ahead and deleted those folders and all seems OK. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds