Skip to main content

How to attach badge to the best selling product?

More
12 years 5 months ago #151682 by kenneth.er
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.x Business edition
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.2.x

Hi there,

As the title has suggested, is there a way to do this automatically? For example, a mass action or something similar that will routinely check for the top selling product on a daily/hourly basis and peg the Top selling badge to the product based on the product_sales.

I have tried to search around but couldn't find anything useful. :( Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #151690 by Xavier
Hi,

What can be done is to create a badge for best seller, apply it on a specific category.
Then configure a mass action which will add the best sellers to the desired category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #151754 by kenneth.er
Hi Xavier,

I tried to do the method that you have suggested but I am not sure how to go about setting up a mass action that will search for the top sellers in a desired category. I got to the point where I need to filter the product_sales field but what search condition should I set? Please advise. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #151798 by Xavier
Hi,

You have to filter on the product column and on "product_sales", take the products where the sales are over a defined number.
Else to have exactly what you want, you will have to create a mass action plugin to get the XX best sellers products by ordering them on product_sales descending.

We have in our TODO list to add an ordering option in the mass actions. So that will be useful in your case.

Here is some documentation to create a mass action plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...s-action-plugin.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum