- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Customer Details form field
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 5 months ago #153308
by branchoutwebsites
Customer Details form field was created by branchoutwebsites
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter
I want to use Hikashop for booking tickets to my events.
I want to create some custom fields in the products for my customers to enter details during checkout - name, address, phone number, t shirt size, dietary options and parking requirements. Is there a way I can ask customers to add these preferences when they add the product to the checkout so that I get the form field information in the order information?
I want to use Hikashop for booking tickets to my events.
I want to create some custom fields in the products for my customers to enter details during checkout - name, address, phone number, t shirt size, dietary options and parking requirements. Is there a way I can ask customers to add these preferences when they add the product to the checkout so that I get the form field information in the order information?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153355
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Customer Details form field
Hi,
You can easily create custom fields in the table "item", this will display the custom fields in the frontend and can be filled by the customer.
You can easily create custom fields in the table "item", this will display the custom fields in the frontend and can be filled by the customer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153372
by branchoutwebsites
Replied by branchoutwebsites on topic Customer Details form field
Thanks for your reply. Where is the table item located in Hikashop? Is it explained in documentation? Is this feature business edition only?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by branchoutwebsites.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153404
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Customer Details form field
Hi,
The custom fields can be created through the menu Display > Custom fields, but I forgot to precise that the "item" custom fields are available only in the business edition of HikaShop.
ps: if you need to go from essential to business, here is the link hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
The custom fields can be created through the menu Display > Custom fields, but I forgot to precise that the "item" custom fields are available only in the business edition of HikaShop.
ps: if you need to go from essential to business, here is the link hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- branchoutwebsites
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #153546
by branchoutwebsites
Replied by branchoutwebsites on topic Customer Details form field
So how do I get custom fields and items to show in a product item so that the customer adds the information to order / checkout process?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #153555
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Customer Details form field
Hello,
If you want your item custom fields to be displayed through your product page, you'll just have to :
- Go to your custom field configuration page
- Set the "Front-end" option of the "Display" table to YES
If you want your item custom fields to be displayed through your product page, you'll just have to :
- Go to your custom field configuration page
- Set the "Front-end" option of the "Display" table to YES
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds