- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
12 years 5 months ago #153601
by smclaug
Date, Tax and View Cart Questions was created by smclaug
www.pleasantviewcampgroundandcabins.com/...categories-listing--
url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
Free-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
2.5.8-- Joomla version -- : x.x
5.2-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
Firefox 24.1.0-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I am having a few issues I am hoping someone can help me with. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out. Please provide feedback in a “dummies” approach since I am new to this.
I am creating this checkout process for a camp site. I need to be able to add a field for the arrival date.
I would also like to add a “view cart” button if possible on all of the pages so people can see where they are in the process. Right now there is no option but to checkout. Also, is there an empty cart button option?
I also need to have it add taxes for the facility (i.e. 6.75%) but I can only see that this is based on shipping/billing info, is there a way to apply it to all transactions?
If accessing these features requires a different version please let me know.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Free-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
2.5.8-- Joomla version -- : x.x
5.2-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
Firefox 24.1.0-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I am having a few issues I am hoping someone can help me with. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out. Please provide feedback in a “dummies” approach since I am new to this.
I am creating this checkout process for a camp site. I need to be able to add a field for the arrival date.
I would also like to add a “view cart” button if possible on all of the pages so people can see where they are in the process. Right now there is no option but to checkout. Also, is there an empty cart button option?
I also need to have it add taxes for the facility (i.e. 6.75%) but I can only see that this is based on shipping/billing info, is there a way to apply it to all transactions?
If accessing these features requires a different version please let me know.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153619
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Hi,
1. In order to add a date selector field on your checkout, you can create a new field of the table "order" and of the type "date" via the menu Display->Custom fields (Business edition only). It should appear automatically on the checkout if you didn't remove the 'fields' view from your checkout workflow.
2. I would recommend to enable the HikaShop cart module via the Joomla modules manager. Also, in the HikaShop options screen of that module, you'll find an option to activate the "mini cart" mode and in that case you'll have an icon to clear all the cart if you turn on the "show delete button" option there.
3. Create a tax rule via the menu System>Taxes and do not specify any "zone" for your tax rule and it will apply to everyone, regardless of their address.
1. In order to add a date selector field on your checkout, you can create a new field of the table "order" and of the type "date" via the menu Display->Custom fields (Business edition only). It should appear automatically on the checkout if you didn't remove the 'fields' view from your checkout workflow.
2. I would recommend to enable the HikaShop cart module via the Joomla modules manager. Also, in the HikaShop options screen of that module, you'll find an option to activate the "mini cart" mode and in that case you'll have an icon to clear all the cart if you turn on the "show delete button" option there.
3. Create a tax rule via the menu System>Taxes and do not specify any "zone" for your tax rule and it will apply to everyone, regardless of their address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smclaug
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153854
by smclaug
Replied by smclaug on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Thank you for getting back to me and for being so helpful in your answer.
Is there any other way to gather the date info, even just a line for text? Even a line similar to where the shopper adds quantity where they could enter the date would work. I see that I can add a line in the address portion of the document but if I add it there, is there a way to gather the address info without having to make people login/register? It seems like I can't have the address view without the login/registration view?
Right now I don't have approval to purchase any products. I am just trying to provide the campsite owner with an option since he doesn't want anything direct billed.
BTW I tried incorporating the tax rule as you suggested (see attached photo) but it doesn't seem to be working, any thoughts?
Is there any other way to gather the date info, even just a line for text? Even a line similar to where the shopper adds quantity where they could enter the date would work. I see that I can add a line in the address portion of the document but if I add it there, is there a way to gather the address info without having to make people login/register? It seems like I can't have the address view without the login/registration view?
Right now I don't have approval to purchase any products. I am just trying to provide the campsite owner with an option since he doesn't want anything direct billed.
BTW I tried incorporating the tax rule as you suggested (see attached photo) but it doesn't seem to be working, any thoughts?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by smclaug.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153865
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
1. If you want an input field instead of a date selector, that's also possible by creating a new field of the table "order" and of the type "text" via the menu Display->Custom fields (Business edition only).
2. You can remove the registration while still having the address fields by changing the "Registration" option to "Guest" in the Checkout tab of the configuration (Essential and Business editions).
3. You have the "published" option turned off for your tax rule. Please turn it on and it should work better
2. You can remove the registration while still having the address fields by changing the "Registration" option to "Guest" in the Checkout tab of the configuration (Essential and Business editions).
3. You have the "published" option turned off for your tax rule. Please turn it on and it should work better
The following user(s) said Thank You: smclaug
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153995
by smclaug
Replied by smclaug on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Thank you for all of your help, it has been invaluable. I will look into the different options that come with the essential edition since that may be all the facility will be willing to spend. According to the description on your website (see attached) I should be able to customize the fields but does that mean I can't customize the tables in the field to created a date field?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #154007
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Hello,
Can you give me more information about that so that I can understand what your really want to do ?I can't customize the tables in the field to created a date field?
The following user(s) said Thank You: smclaug
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154135
by smclaug
Replied by smclaug on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
I just need to be able to allow patrons to notify me of the date they will be arriving. It can be added to the cart or to the checkout. ( I already thought about adding it to the address field but if a patron has already registered then it won't ask then for that info.)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154155
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Creating custom fields of the table "order" like I explained in my previous post is only possible with the Business edition.
The description of the Essential edition mention the creation of custom fields of the table "product" and "category" which are a different thing and won't allow you to do what you want.
The description of the Essential edition mention the creation of custom fields of the table "product" and "category" which are a different thing and won't allow you to do what you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smclaug
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #154206
by smclaug
Replied by smclaug on topic Date, Tax and View Cart Questions
Okay, I understand this much better, thank you for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds