- Posts: 99
- Thank you received: 2
Attached files archive
-- Joomla version -- : 3.x
Hello,
is there a way to create a joomla site page that will lists the files attached to products ?
It is because I attach brochures and technical data in pdfs to the product and for a user is very useful to get a page of the website with the full list of this files, without the need to navigate each product.
Thank you in advance for any suggestion
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can create a menu wit hthe type HikaShop - Customer download space.
This will list all the available files to download if it was not free files.
If you put the files as free in the product page so, there is nothing for that, you will have to create your own module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
what else to check ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What I mean is, the files were set as free downloads, so there is nothing stored for these files regarding the downloads.
The download entries are stored only if it's a not free download.
So, for the orders that was already created, you can't find the download information, but because you have moved the files from free to not free, now when the customers will purchase products, the file will be managed with a counter for each users, and be available in the download section.
So you have to check if the downloads are managed for the order passed after the date when you have move from free to not free.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Actually I will not use hikashop as a e-commerce shop, then it will not run any purchase by users.
Is there any solution ?
I could manage to customize/override some page template if it is necessary, but I don't know which one
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To manage only file downloads without purchases, HikaShop don't seems to be the more adapted component.
But you can potentially use a download manager inside HikaShop.
With some views edition, you can display a download manager part inside an HikaShop product view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure about your answer, could you please make an example of what your solution could be ?
(also private if you don't like to share other joomla extensions on your site).
How could a different extension find hikashop files and data if these are set into hikashop tables ?
I'm not using hikashop just to manage downloads, I've a big and complex product catalog to load on the site, but at present time the products will not be sell online by the site.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What I mean is, you can use another extension which will manage the files under modules for example.
Then in HikaShop, edit the view "product / show_default" which is the view displaying the product page.
And in the code, add the call to the file management module thanks to the Joomla tag
{loadmodule XX}
By this way your file manager will be displayed inside the HikaShop product page.
Depending on how is working the file manager, you can potentially use the custom fields to specify a file id in order to have a dynamic display of the module content. That could require some development.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you please suggest me an extension that could do something like you've just explained ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry I think that I had misunderstood your real need.
To sum up, you just need to have a page which will list all the free files ?
If it is, you can create a module or a plugin which will replace a tag by the desired content.
To load all the files, you can use the following code:
I was thinking that you wanted to display the free files of the purchased products for each users, and not a global list.. sorry for the time lost.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
How to use this code ?
Do I have to create a module/plugin "from zero" or is there a joomla/backend way to code it faster ?
(I've good php skills but low knowledge of joomla plugins coding)
Or also is there a way by overriding an hikashop module ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that a module can be enough. You can take the module "mod_hikashop" as an example.
Just edit the XML to adapt it to your module name, and edit the php to get the desired elements and echo your data.
Once you have created your zip file, you jsut have to install it via the Joomla extension manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm back again with this topic, what if I ask you to create for me this module ?
Could you quote it ?
It should also have a little search engine inside, with filters for products and/or categories.
Other possible features to evaluate ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can contact our partners for a quote on that project:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.