- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 2
Added characteristic but variants list empty
- grafixpress
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago #158466
by grafixpress
Added characteristic but variants list empty was created by grafixpress
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.mi-tienda.es
-- HikaShop version -- : hikashop_business_2.3.1_2014-06-02 - hikamarket_multivendor_1.4.1_2014-06-02
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :
Hello,
We badly need variants in fashion categories and try to make them visible for vendors and clients in frontend. We encounter some problems
1 after creating characteristic size (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and adding to a product in backend, variants don´t show as list in manage variants, list is empty.
2 Variants do not show in product nor as tabs in vendor product edit page.
We had Hikashop business and Hikamarket updated to latest versions, see above.
Any idea?
Thomas
-- HikaShop version -- : hikashop_business_2.3.1_2014-06-02 - hikamarket_multivendor_1.4.1_2014-06-02
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :
Hello,
We badly need variants in fashion categories and try to make them visible for vendors and clients in frontend. We encounter some problems
1 after creating characteristic size (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and adding to a product in backend, variants don´t show as list in manage variants, list is empty.
2 Variants do not show in product nor as tabs in vendor product edit page.
We had Hikashop business and Hikamarket updated to latest versions, see above.
Any idea?
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158573
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
1. Are you talking about the backend or the front-end ?
2. I will need more information to understand clearly what you are talking about.
Regards,
1. Are you talking about the backend or the front-end ?
2. I will need more information to understand clearly what you are talking about.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- grafixpress
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 4 months ago #158576
by grafixpress
Replied by grafixpress on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
I´´m talking about backend.
"After creating characteristic size (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and adding to a product in backend, variants don´t show as list in manage variants, list is empty."
In my other Hikashop installations the list of variants are created automatically and I can edit them. Not here. List is empty.
Regards
Thomas
I´´m talking about backend.
"After creating characteristic size (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and adding to a product in backend, variants don´t show as list in manage variants, list is empty."
In my other Hikashop installations the list of variants are created automatically and I can edit them. Not here. List is empty.
Regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #158615
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hello Thomas,
I think that the problem is coming from how you have set the "Generate variants automatically" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main", can you make sure that it's set to YES and test it again ?
Thanks.
I think that the problem is coming from how you have set the "Generate variants automatically" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main", can you make sure that it's set to YES and test it again ?
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grafixpress
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- grafixpress
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 4 months ago #158734
by grafixpress
Replied by grafixpress on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hello Mohamed,
Yes, right, I only found publish variants, I had overlooked generate variants in advanced settings.
Would you know at what time in the future Variants can be managed from frontend in Hikamarket? I have 2 months time to set up a marketplace which would be entirely useless without variants, because a major part of products will be fashion related.
In case this feature comes late I have to go for another software, which I wouldn´t like at all, waste of time and money, and I really love Hikashop for it´s flexibility.
Regards
Thomas
Yes, right, I only found publish variants, I had overlooked generate variants in advanced settings.
Would you know at what time in the future Variants can be managed from frontend in Hikamarket? I have 2 months time to set up a marketplace which would be entirely useless without variants, because a major part of products will be fashion related.
In case this feature comes late I have to go for another software, which I wouldn´t like at all, waste of time and money, and I really love Hikashop for it´s flexibility.
Regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158770
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
Thanks to see the topics in the HikaMarket part of this forum, I think that a topic is existing about this question.
Thanks to see the topics in the HikaMarket part of this forum, I think that a topic is existing about this question.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159004
by icronje
Replied by icronje on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
When I try to add a characteristic to a product I get an error when I try to save the product.
The error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/<sitedir>/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 592.
I get this error for each variant that would be created. The frontend also displays an error after this. Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/<sitedir>/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php on line 154.
What is causing this?
When I try to add a characteristic to a product I get an error when I try to save the product.
The error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/<sitedir>/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 592.
I get this error for each variant that would be created. The frontend also displays an error after this. Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/<sitedir>/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php on line 154.
What is causing this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159015
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?
These are just small warnings, not real errors. You can remove them by just setting the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "none" (and it is recommended to leave that option like that for live websites, for security reasons).
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?
These are just small warnings, not real errors. You can remove them by just setting the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "none" (and it is recommended to leave that option like that for live websites, for security reasons).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159420
by icronje
Replied by icronje on topic Added characteristic but variants list empty
Hi,
I reported it in another thread too: www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...ic-error.html#159380
We can use that thread to solve the problem.
Regards
I reported it in another thread too: www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...ic-error.html#159380
We can use that thread to solve the problem.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds