Skip to main content

How to sell products on weight basis

More
12 years 3 months ago #160263 by yourgoal
-- url of the page with the problem -- : business.officeadministration.info
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5

Hi,

Thank you for providing such a beautiful software to create a online store. I am completely new to this software.

I am trying to create a online store for selling of vegetables and hence I need to give price as per the weight (starting from 250 grams).

I prefer to specify the default quantity since some will be sold at 250 grams / 500 grams/1000 grams or at the price of each piece.

Request you to kindly let me know on how to do the same as I am totally confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160266 by nicolas
Hi,

I would recommend to create a characteristic with all the possible weights of a product, add the characteristic to a product, click on the "manage variants" button and set the price for each variant there.
You can read more about that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
The following user(s) said Thank You: yourgoal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160337 by yourgoal
Hi,

Thank you, I was able to do it successfully.

Can you please suggest me on ho to display the dropdown box of the weights with change in price and add to cart button for individual products in the product listing page so that customers can add the desired product to the cart through the product listing page instead of adding it in the product page.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by yourgoal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160352 by Xavier
Hi,

There is by default no display of the variants in the product listings.
This will require custom code in the view "product / listing_img_title" (or another one depending on your settings).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum