- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 8
Variant name
12 years 3 months ago #160409
by Udo
Variant name was created by Udo
Hi,
A question about the name of a variant.
My webshop has many products with characteristics.
Managing the variants I notice that the field Name is required. But I wonder if the variant name has any use.
In the checkout and product display the name of the variant is: Name of Main product + Characteristic value of the variant.
It does not seem to make any difference if the variant name is the name of the main product, any other name or no name at all.
Am I missing something?
regards,
Udo
A question about the name of a variant.
My webshop has many products with characteristics.
Managing the variants I notice that the field Name is required. But I wonder if the variant name has any use.
In the checkout and product display the name of the variant is: Name of Main product + Characteristic value of the variant.
It does not seem to make any difference if the variant name is the name of the main product, any other name or no name at all.
Am I missing something?
regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160424
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Variant name
Hi,
Thanks to disable the option "Append characteristics value to the product name" in Configuration > Main > Product.
Thanks to disable the option "Append characteristics value to the product name" in Configuration > Main > Product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160589
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic Variant name
Ah, I see, that's how it works...
Indeed, when I disable the option "Append characteristics value to the product name" the variant name is displayed.
Thanks for your help.
regards,
Udo
Indeed, when I disable the option "Append characteristics value to the product name" the variant name is displayed.
Thanks for your help.
regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds