- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
categories listing inconsistency
- geeksonthebeach
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #161503
by geeksonthebeach
categories listing inconsistency was created by geeksonthebeach
url of the page with the problem --http://wildeandsparrow.gotbdev.com/index.php/home-decor
-- HikaShop version -- 2.3.1 essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 30 and Safari 7.0.4
I have the following main menu items, all of them hikashop categories listing menu items.
clothing
home decor
jewelry
screen printing
All display as expected except for home decor, which lists all of THESE categories, rather than the category itself.
What is causing it to behave differently? Under categories in Hikashop they are all listed equally.
In the mainmenu>>home decor>>hikashop options the only difference is associated category lists "2 categories " for home decor, while the other list only themselves ( i.e. jewelry associated category is jewelry). I've tried trashing this and selecting home decor, but it reverts back to "2 categories" when I save. I have "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" set to yes on all. There must be a category setting that I'm missing somewhere.
Thanks!
-- HikaShop version -- 2.3.1 essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 30 and Safari 7.0.4
I have the following main menu items, all of them hikashop categories listing menu items.
clothing
home decor
jewelry
screen printing
All display as expected except for home decor, which lists all of THESE categories, rather than the category itself.
What is causing it to behave differently? Under categories in Hikashop they are all listed equally.
In the mainmenu>>home decor>>hikashop options the only difference is associated category lists "2 categories " for home decor, while the other list only themselves ( i.e. jewelry associated category is jewelry). I've tried trashing this and selecting home decor, but it reverts back to "2 categories" when I save. I have "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" set to yes on all. There must be a category setting that I'm missing somewhere.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geeksonthebeach
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 months ago #161511
by geeksonthebeach
Replied by geeksonthebeach on topic categories listing inconsistency
For now I've reconfigured it as a products listing page. It looks like it should work, however it's inconsistent with the others.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161528
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic categories listing inconsistency
Hi,
In your case products listings seems to be more indicated.
Else, you probably have to change the category to display and change the option "Show sub categories" to "No child".
In your case products listings seems to be more indicated.
Else, you probably have to change the category to display and change the option "Show sub categories" to "No child".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds