- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
automatically adding variant
12 years 3 months ago #161929
by jokesofie
automatically adding variant was created by jokesofie
Hi,
When I added the characteristic "color" and added a number of colors, the variants with their codes were automatically generated. I can see them in the back-end and choose them in the front-end. Now I want to add a new color, "yellow". So I added a new variant to the characteristic "color". When I go to the main product>manage variants I can see yellow in the drop-down list, but there are no variants created. How can I do that automatically?
I searched the forum, couldn't find the answer, but I got the impression it should work automatically.
When I added the characteristic "color" and added a number of colors, the variants with their codes were automatically generated. I can see them in the back-end and choose them in the front-end. Now I want to add a new color, "yellow". So I added a new variant to the characteristic "color". When I go to the main product>manage variants I can see yellow in the drop-down list, but there are no variants created. How can I do that automatically?
I searched the forum, couldn't find the answer, but I got the impression it should work automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #161940
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic automatically adding variant
Hi,
The solution will probably to create it manually through the by using the "new" button of the page "Hikashop->Products->Your product-> 'Manage variants button'".
Or to remove the "color" characteristic from the "characteristic" tab of your product page, save, and add it again.
The solution will probably to create it manually through the by using the "new" button of the page "Hikashop->Products->Your product-> 'Manage variants button'".
Or to remove the "color" characteristic from the "characteristic" tab of your product page, save, and add it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162143
by jokesofie
Replied by jokesofie on topic automatically adding variant
Thanks for the quick answer. And yes I could do that. But I expect, also looking at other forum responses, that it should add the new variant automatically. Your solution could mean a lot of work again and again. Are you sure it is not meant to add variants automatically?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162165
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic automatically adding variant
If you want to, you can also regenerate all the variants of the product automatically by first removing the characteristics from the product, saving the product and then adding the characteristics again.
There is no system to generate new variants for new values of characteristics for all the products using the characteristic.
That's because it would crash after a few tens of products because there would be too much data to process.
There is no system to generate new variants for new values of characteristics for all the products using the characteristic.
That's because it would crash after a few tens of products because there would be too much data to process.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds