- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Product options dropdown with multiple choices
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #185861
by zorza
Product options dropdown with multiple choices was created by zorza
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
white-net.pl/klienci/szb/index.php/produ.../category_pathway-97
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 39
I'm migrating PrestaShop to HikaShop and I encountered a problem.
In original store there are two kinds of product options: checkbox and radio. Checkbox is for selecting many options in one group, radio for selectiong only one option in the group.
I'm trying to recreate this behavior in HikaShop. For checkboxes there are simple dropdowns with Yes/No options, which get the same job done.
But to achieve the same behavior as radio, I'd need to put all of its options into one signle dropdown, so user cannot choose more than one.
For example if it was a car:
GROUP 1 (checkbox style):
- AC > Yes/No
- Additional winter tyres > Yes/No
- Park assist > Yes/No
GRUOP 2 (radio style)
- Color: > Red/Green/Blue
Is it possible to make it in HikaShop? Have in mind, that I need both kind of options one product page and all of them have an impact on the price.
Here's a link to original shop sample product:
www.sejfy.slask.pl/kasy-pancerne-tg-sp-k...-pancerna-kl-ii.html
And here's what I've got so far in HikaShop:
white-net.pl/klienci/szb/index.php/produ.../category_pathway-97
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 39
I'm migrating PrestaShop to HikaShop and I encountered a problem.
In original store there are two kinds of product options: checkbox and radio. Checkbox is for selecting many options in one group, radio for selectiong only one option in the group.
I'm trying to recreate this behavior in HikaShop. For checkboxes there are simple dropdowns with Yes/No options, which get the same job done.
But to achieve the same behavior as radio, I'd need to put all of its options into one signle dropdown, so user cannot choose more than one.
For example if it was a car:
GROUP 1 (checkbox style):
- AC > Yes/No
- Additional winter tyres > Yes/No
- Park assist > Yes/No
GRUOP 2 (radio style)
- Color: > Red/Green/Blue
Is it possible to make it in HikaShop? Have in mind, that I need both kind of options one product page and all of them have an impact on the price.
Here's a link to original shop sample product:
www.sejfy.slask.pl/kasy-pancerne-tg-sp-k...-pancerna-kl-ii.html
And here's what I've got so far in HikaShop:
white-net.pl/klienci/szb/index.php/produ.../category_pathway-97
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by zorza.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #185880
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product options dropdown with multiple choices
Hello,
Note that you'll be able to do that by using custom fields which are form the "Item" table and which are available through the business version of Hikashop.
However you won't be able to change your product price regarding the values of your custom fields.
Also, note that you can set the "Characteristics selection method" to "Radio Button" if you plan on using characteristics.
Note that you'll be able to do that by using custom fields which are form the "Item" table and which are available through the business version of Hikashop.
However you won't be able to change your product price regarding the values of your custom fields.
Also, note that you can set the "Characteristics selection method" to "Radio Button" if you plan on using characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186250
by zorza
Replied by zorza on topic Product options dropdown with multiple choices
So... in other words, there's no way to do this?
No plugin/ extension/ anything? I think this is pretty common behavior I've seen in many online shops.
For example this (made in HikaShop), where they managed to multiple options dropdown affecting prices somehow: www.hidesign.it/en/catalogue/product/show/cid-301/rest-sofa
So i think there must be also a way to combine multiple choices with single choices options. Or you're saying there's simply no way?
No plugin/ extension/ anything? I think this is pretty common behavior I've seen in many online shops.
For example this (made in HikaShop), where they managed to multiple options dropdown affecting prices somehow: www.hidesign.it/en/catalogue/product/show/cid-301/rest-sofa
So i think there must be also a way to combine multiple choices with single choices options. Or you're saying there's simply no way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186328
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product options dropdown with multiple choices
Hi,
There is a difference between the options and the variants.
You can have multiple dropdown but you can select just one single value per dropdown.
If the option does not have a characteristic, you will have a "yes/no" selection ; so you can mix options using "yes/no" (no characteristic) and "value selection" (with characteristic).
Here a product with 2 characteristics:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Here a product with 3 options (which each have one characteristic).
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
Regards,
There is a difference between the options and the variants.
You can have multiple dropdown but you can select just one single value per dropdown.
If the option does not have a characteristic, you will have a "yes/no" selection ; so you can mix options using "yes/no" (no characteristic) and "value selection" (with characteristic).
Here a product with 2 characteristics:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Here a product with 3 options (which each have one characteristic).
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zorza
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #186382
by zorza
Replied by zorza on topic Product options dropdown with multiple choices
Thank you for this answer Jerome, it's what I wanted indeed.
Is it a feature of HikaShop Essential or must I upgrade to Business?
Is it a feature of HikaShop Essential or must I upgrade to Business?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by zorza.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186386
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product options dropdown with multiple choices
Hi,
It's available in the essential edition of HikaShop.
It's available in the essential edition of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds