- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 2
Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
11 years 7 months ago #190132
by scarney
Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use? was created by scarney
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome Version 40.0.2214.111 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I am not getting an error. I am just trying to figure out if I can use JCE editor safely with HikaShop.
Mostly I am wanting it to be able to turn on the Read More button. I have not been able to turn this on using TinyMCE. I have configured HikaShop so that Read More is set to YES. I have also configured TinyMCE to be in Extended mode but have not found any option for Read More.
Am I just missing something basic? If I can't get Read More with TinyMCE then I would like to install and use JCE.
Thank you, Sean
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome Version 40.0.2214.111 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I am not getting an error. I am just trying to figure out if I can use JCE editor safely with HikaShop.
Mostly I am wanting it to be able to turn on the Read More button. I have not been able to turn this on using TinyMCE. I have configured HikaShop so that Read More is set to YES. I have also configured TinyMCE to be in Extended mode but have not found any option for Read More.
Am I just missing something basic? If I can't get Read More with TinyMCE then I would like to install and use JCE.
Thank you, Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190161
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
Hi,
Do you have enabled the plugin "Button - Readmore" ?
Do you have enabled the plugin "Button - Readmore" ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #190519
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
Hi
JCE yes , Tiny MCE don't Work !!
I think readmore functionnalities work only for articles publish in blog Layout !
www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/...readmore-not-working
@xavier
Does readmore is implemented by Joomla core or by HKS ? for which layout ?
JCE yes , Tiny MCE don't Work !!
I think readmore functionnalities work only for articles publish in blog Layout !
www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/...readmore-not-working
@xavier
Does readmore is implemented by Joomla core or by HKS ? for which layout ?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190551
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
Hi,
The read more button below the HTML editors is displayed by Joomla if the "button read more" plugin plugin is enabled via the Joomla plugins manager and that the "read more" option of the HikaShop configuration is turned on.
The HTML editor you use shouldn't change that and it works fine on our end with TinyMCE.
The read more button below the HTML editors is displayed by Joomla if the "button read more" plugin plugin is enabled via the Joomla plugins manager and that the "read more" option of the HikaShop configuration is turned on.
The HTML editor you use shouldn't change that and it works fine on our end with TinyMCE.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190668
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
Thank you very much. I am not sure what my issue was but the Read More is there now.
I believe that I read somewhere that HikaShop would not work well with JCE. Is that true?
Thanks, Sean Carney
I believe that I read somewhere that HikaShop would not work well with JCE. Is that true?
Thanks, Sean Carney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190676
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
No, it should work fine. On the thousands of persons using HikaShop and JCE together, no one reported any particular problem at least that I know of).
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190961
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
Thank you very much. I am very glad I asked. 
I will be installing JCE then since I like it so much better than Tiny MCE.
Sean
I will be installing JCE then since I like it so much better than Tiny MCE.
Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198428
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Can I use JCE to get a Read More button to use?
a composite( blend) visual capture screen
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds