- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Convert cart in wishlist
11 years 5 months ago #198896
by swdhika
Convert cart in wishlist was created by swdhika
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hello,
I'm finishing up my new website and hope to replace the old one within the next week. I'm having issues with the wishlist, but I will ask about that at another time.
What I just noticed after adding an item to my cart and going to the cart is a button with the text "Convert cart in wishlist". This is a confusing phrase in English. Does it mean that I want to convert my cart to a wishlist or that I want to convert my wishlist to a cart - or something else?
Of course your English is far better than my (any other language) but I'm trying to help.
I also do not see a "proceed to checkout" button, though that may be a setting that I missed.
Best Regards,
Scott
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hello,
I'm finishing up my new website and hope to replace the old one within the next week. I'm having issues with the wishlist, but I will ask about that at another time.
What I just noticed after adding an item to my cart and going to the cart is a button with the text "Convert cart in wishlist". This is a confusing phrase in English. Does it mean that I want to convert my cart to a wishlist or that I want to convert my wishlist to a cart - or something else?
Of course your English is far better than my (any other language) but I'm trying to help.
I also do not see a "proceed to checkout" button, though that may be a setting that I missed.
Best Regards,
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198957
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hi,
This button should mean that the customer have the possibility to convert the cart into a wishlist if he wants.
Should we translate this sentence like "Convert cart to wishlist" ?
If you don't see the "Proceed to checkout" button that maybe because you don't have the latest version of the view "cart / showcart".
Please check that you have the following code in that view:
If it is not present, you can directly add it.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
This button should mean that the customer have the possibility to convert the cart into a wishlist if he wants.
Should we translate this sentence like "Convert cart to wishlist" ?
If you don't see the "Proceed to checkout" button that maybe because you don't have the latest version of the view "cart / showcart".
Please check that you have the following code in that view:
Code:
if($cart_type == 'cart' && $this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,$url_checkout,'window.location=\''.$url_checkout.'\';return false;');
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198992
by swdhika
Replied by swdhika on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hello Xavier,
"Convert cart to wishlist" is a better translation for English.
Best Regards,
Scott
"Convert cart to wishlist" is a better translation for English.
Best Regards,
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199106
by swdhika
Replied by swdhika on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hello Xavier,
Thank you for your reply, but I need some coaching:
If you don't see the "Proceed to checkout" button that maybe because you don't have the latest version of the view "cart / showcart".
Please check that you have the following code in that view:
if($cart_type == 'cart' && $this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,$url_checkout,'window.location=\''.$url_checkout.'\';return false;');
This one is a bit beyond my current level of knowledge. How would I determine if the code is there and if not where would I add the code? I'm getting familiar with Firebug and have made many changes to the site, but changing something that I can find is different from looking for something that may not be there and then adding it.
www.image-circle.com/testsite
Attached is a screenshot of the way the cart appears currently.
Thanks,
Scott
Thank you for your reply, but I need some coaching:
If you don't see the "Proceed to checkout" button that maybe because you don't have the latest version of the view "cart / showcart".
Please check that you have the following code in that view:
if($cart_type == 'cart' && $this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,$url_checkout,'window.location=\''.$url_checkout.'\';return false;');
This one is a bit beyond my current level of knowledge. How would I determine if the code is there and if not where would I add the code? I'm getting familiar with Firebug and have made many changes to the site, but changing something that I can find is different from looking for something that may not be there and then adding it.
www.image-circle.com/testsite
Attached is a screenshot of the way the cart appears currently.
Thanks,
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199121
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hi,
Go in the menu Display>Views and edit the file "showcart" of the view "cart" as Xavier explained. There, you should find that code.
It's the second part of the tutorial that you want to look at:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
Go in the menu Display>Views and edit the file "showcart" of the view "cart" as Xavier explained. There, you should find that code.
It's the second part of the tutorial that you want to look at:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199941
by swdhika
Replied by swdhika on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hello,
In cart/showcart the code is there on line 609 in my case. What to do with it I don't understand.
Part of the problem may have been that I had not published the Hikashop cart module. If I do publish it and then assign the cart module to all pages (Menu Assignment - All Pages) I can see the "Proceed to Checkout" button, but of course the cart appears at the bottom of all pages - which is not what I want. I have experimented with other settings, but to no avail.
What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Scott
In cart/showcart the code is there on line 609 in my case. What to do with it I don't understand.
Part of the problem may have been that I had not published the Hikashop cart module. If I do publish it and then assign the cart module to all pages (Menu Assignment - All Pages) I can see the "Proceed to Checkout" button, but of course the cart appears at the bottom of all pages - which is not what I want. I have experimented with other settings, but to no avail.
What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200041
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Convert cart in wishlist
Hi,
To display the "Proceed to checkout" button in all cases in the cart / showcart, you can remove the part:
In the previously given code.
To display the "Proceed to checkout" button in all cases in the cart / showcart, you can remove the part:
Code:
&& $this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds