- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 2
product volume as liquid volume
11 years 1 month ago #211363
by Harlequin
product volume as liquid volume was created by Harlequin
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.42
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox.39
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message
Hi I have a large number of products that have the volume as ml, liters, etc. How can I add these liquid volumes and not weight to my products?
thanks for your help
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.42
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox.39
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message
Hi I have a large number of products that have the volume as ml, liters, etc. How can I add these liquid volumes and not weight to my products?
thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #211365
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic product volume as liquid volume
Hello,
A good solution can just be to use a product "volume" custom field but if your use a shipping method different than "Manual" shipping method, you'll still have to configure a weight/dimensions for your product.
A good solution can just be to use a product "volume" custom field but if your use a shipping method different than "Manual" shipping method, you'll still have to configure a weight/dimensions for your product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211445
by Harlequin
Replied by Harlequin on topic product volume as liquid volume
Thanks. I have a number of small issue like this, for example I have a product that comes in two sizes: A & B, box A contains 20 items, Box B contains 50 items, each are different physical size, have a different product number and a different price. How can this be managed? can this and the Volume (liquid) be managed as custom fields together?
I have 8000 products on the list so its not possible in the short term to do associated products only as updates after the list is imported I think?
I have 8000 products on the list so its not possible in the short term to do associated products only as updates after the list is imported I think?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #211452
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic product volume as liquid volume
Hello,
The real question is how do you want it to be managed ? For example you can manage it by using a "box size" characteristic so that you'll be able to set different weight/dimensions/volume but you won't be able to correctly manage the quantity of your product (for each variant sold the quantity will be reduced by 1).I have a number of small issue like this, for example I have a product that comes in two sizes: A & B, box A contains 20 items, Box B contains 50 items, each are different physical size, have a different product number and a different price. How can this be managed? can this and the Volume (liquid) be managed as custom fields together?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211717
by Harlequin
Replied by Harlequin on topic product volume as liquid volume
Yes I can see that as a problem. It may make more sense to add the weigh or volume of the item in the description rasther than in a seperate field. Currently weight and volume are in a seperate coloumn of my spreadsheet / pricelist. so was hoping to import as CSV without changing thousands of fields. If I did this then I have many products that fall into shipping weights of for example 500g, 1Kg so would it be possible to set blocks of weights for shipping?
I appreciate the help
Thanks
I appreciate the help
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211774
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic product volume as liquid volume
Hi !
Yes but, you'll have to create one manual shipping method for each block by using the options :
- Price
- Minimum price
- Maximum price
Through your shipping method configuration page.
Yes but, you'll have to create one manual shipping method for each block by using the options :
- Price
- Minimum price
- Maximum price
Through your shipping method configuration page.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harlequin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds