- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Product Characteristics
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211463
by dawnh
Product Characteristics was created by dawnh
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.26
I have the newest version of Hickashop for one of my websites. On the old version I was able to add size in characteristics, manage variants for the upcharge, then go back to add another characteristic such as color, go back to manage variant and all the sizes showed up in each color with the upcharges.
In the new version I go to add a characteristic such as size, go to variant add the upcharges, go back to product, then try to add the color characteristic and it wont let me.
I have read the documentation and hours reading the forum.
I also noticed that if I try to add the color in characteristic first, because I want to add images in the variant, it won't save it.
Can you please help?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.26
I have the newest version of Hickashop for one of my websites. On the old version I was able to add size in characteristics, manage variants for the upcharge, then go back to add another characteristic such as color, go back to manage variant and all the sizes showed up in each color with the upcharges.
In the new version I go to add a characteristic such as size, go to variant add the upcharges, go back to product, then try to add the color characteristic and it wont let me.
I have read the documentation and hours reading the forum.
I also noticed that if I try to add the color in characteristic first, because I want to add images in the variant, it won't save it.
Can you please help?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by dawnh. Reason: Add another issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211464
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Characteristics
Hi,
I am not able to reproduce your issue in our demo website.
I can create a new product and set two characteristics for it:
pasteboard.co/2GSp3MAQ.png
Then, once I saved the product, I got the tab to manage the variants and I can add my variants
pasteboard.co/2GSpW9At.png
And validate the creation of the variants :
pasteboard.co/2GSqIe8R.png
Even after that, I can add a new characteristic :
pasteboard.co/2GSA3QgT.png
And got my variants updated automatically :
pasteboard.co/2GSBZ2A8.png
Can you please provide a full description of your issue and a way to reproduce the problem ?
Regards,
I am not able to reproduce your issue in our demo website.
I can create a new product and set two characteristics for it:
pasteboard.co/2GSp3MAQ.png
Then, once I saved the product, I got the tab to manage the variants and I can add my variants
pasteboard.co/2GSpW9At.png
And validate the creation of the variants :
pasteboard.co/2GSqIe8R.png
Even after that, I can add a new characteristic :
pasteboard.co/2GSA3QgT.png
And got my variants updated automatically :
pasteboard.co/2GSBZ2A8.png
Can you please provide a full description of your issue and a way to reproduce the problem ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
11 years 1 month ago #211494
by rodfarrell
Replied by rodfarrell on topic Product Characteristics
I have the same problem on two sites as reported at
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...ve-in-windows-7.html
This issue occurs for usrs on Windows 7 operating system in both Chrome and Firefox. My development machine is still Windows XP and editing works fine on it with the latest browsers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211549
by dawnh
Replied by dawnh on topic Product Characteristics
I tried again this morning, to add another characteristic (color), which I already have size as a characteristic and when I choose the color and save, it doesn't save it. It only allows me to have one characteristic.
Do I have to create a different characteristic for each item instead of re-using the same one?
I tried to add a product this morning also and it won't let me add even one characteristic.
Do I have to create a different characteristic for each item instead of re-using the same one?
I tried to add a product this morning also and it won't let me add even one characteristic.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by dawnh. Reason: Another issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211551
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Characteristics
Hi,
@dawnh
Did you choose the characteristic "color" and select a value for the "default value" ?
Because if you do not provide the information, the characteristic addition can't be done.
@rodfarrell
Please do not duplicate your messages in several threads : it won't help.
Regards,
@dawnh
Did you choose the characteristic "color" and select a value for the "default value" ?
Because if you do not provide the information, the characteristic addition can't be done.
@rodfarrell
Please do not duplicate your messages in several threads : it won't help.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211670
by JIK
Replied by JIK on topic Product Characteristics
apols for edit - sorted my problem
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by JIK.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211742
by dawnh
Replied by dawnh on topic Product Characteristics
No I was not adding the default value, that solved that problem, thanks 
So now I have to add each variant for each color and each size one by one? And then have to go back in and add the upcharges to color and larger size?
So now I have to add each variant for each color and each size one by one? And then have to go back in and add the upcharges to color and larger size?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211743
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Characteristics
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211799
by dawnh
Replied by dawnh on topic Product Characteristics
Okay, I see now. Thank you!! I didn't know I could add all the sizes at once, I thought I had to add them one at a time.
Thanks again
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds