- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 1
How to copy/duplicate a cusom field
- dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 week ago #215015
by dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
______________
Dennis Kmetz
How to copy/duplicate a cusom field was created by dkmetz@taylorbruce.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hi,
I have about a 30 custom fields each having about 20 values (radio button values). I wish to duplicate these and place each into various different categories. Is there an easy way to copy the contents of a custom field to another (new) custom field? I realize I would need to give the new custom field a new name, etc. but I would like to NOT have to re-enter all the values of each field.
Any help or ideas are appreciated.
Dennis
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
Hi,
I have about a 30 custom fields each having about 20 values (radio button values). I wish to duplicate these and place each into various different categories. Is there an easy way to copy the contents of a custom field to another (new) custom field? I realize I would need to give the new custom field a new name, etc. but I would like to NOT have to re-enter all the values of each field.
Any help or ideas are appreciated.
Dennis
______________
Dennis Kmetz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #215018
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to copy/duplicate a cusom field
Hi,
You can't and I don't think that the copy feature is even possible because a custom field create a column in the database ; and you can't rename that column afterwards.
But if you want to duplicate the fields to plate them to different categories, the best is to select multiple categories on the "unique" custom field.
Because HikaShop (2.5.0 for sure) handle multi-categories on product custom fields.
Regards,
You can't and I don't think that the copy feature is even possible because a custom field create a column in the database ; and you can't rename that column afterwards.
But if you want to duplicate the fields to plate them to different categories, the best is to select multiple categories on the "unique" custom field.
Because HikaShop (2.5.0 for sure) handle multi-categories on product custom fields.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds