- Posts: 293
- Thank you received: 9
[SOLVED] Cannot Create Category: "Element Exists"
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #215503
by MSTACE
[SOLVED] Cannot Create Category: "Element Exists" was created by MSTACE
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.wellingtonwebsites.co.nz/gm1
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error
An element with the same alias already exists
Error Saving
Last week I created a new Category Product called "Vitamins & Minerals" then deleted it because the client said we did not need this.
Than I find out that we do need this.
So I created a new Category again called Vitamins & Minerals.
But now it won't let me create that Category, getting this error:
Error
An element with the same alias already exists
Error Saving
Yes, I have tried rebuilding the Categories. No change.
Yes, have also looked at the Alias on all of the other categories.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error
An element with the same alias already exists
Error Saving
Last week I created a new Category Product called "Vitamins & Minerals" then deleted it because the client said we did not need this.
Than I find out that we do need this.
So I created a new Category again called Vitamins & Minerals.
But now it won't let me create that Category, getting this error:
Error
An element with the same alias already exists
Error Saving
Yes, I have tried rebuilding the Categories. No change.
Yes, have also looked at the Alias on all of the other categories.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by MSTACE.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #215522
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Cannot Create Category: "Element Exists"
Hi,
Please try to go through phpMyAdmin and in the table "#__hikashop_category" search on the column alias the word "vitamins" and use the "%LIKE%" operator. This will show you all the categories with that alias, from there you will be able to edit/delete the category with the corresponding id.
ps: I removed the login informations because any registered user was able to see them. Please use our contact form to give private informations instead
Please try to go through phpMyAdmin and in the table "#__hikashop_category" search on the column alias the word "vitamins" and use the "%LIKE%" operator. This will show you all the categories with that alias, from there you will be able to edit/delete the category with the corresponding id.
ps: I removed the login informations because any registered user was able to see them. Please use our contact form to give private informations instead
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #215576
by MSTACE
Replied by MSTACE on topic Cannot Create Category: "Element Exists"
Found it.
But I had to search on the whole database.
The Category added fine now.
Thanks.
But I had to search on the whole database.
The Category added fine now.
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by MSTACE.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds