Skip to main content

Creating a portal?.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220536 by Ayling
Creating a portal?. was created by Ayling
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28

Is it possible to add a product but have it only accessible by a portal given to a special group of people. I don't want the masses to be able to order this product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220549 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Creating a portal?.
Hi,

Depends on how you define "portal" and "special group of people".

The easiest would be if the "special group" were a separate Joomla access level for those users. Then, use the HikaShop Business edition, where you can restrict products to certain access levels: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...orm.html#restriction

There might be other slightly trickier ways as well, involving special product categories, listing and menu item settings etc, or else, but again, it depends on how exactly you want who to get access to this product.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220540 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Creating a portal?.
Hi,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...orm.html#restriction

Access level : Here you can restrict the display of the product to only some user groups. This option is only available with the Business edition.


Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220575 by Ayling
Replied by Ayling on topic Creating a portal?.
Thank you for responding but I am not sure I still understand. If I am selling clothing to the general public online, but I want to sell one piece of this clothing to only members of a specific company, how do I define who these people are, and only show the product to them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #220577 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Creating a portal?.

Ayling wrote: .... how do I define who these people are, and only show the product to them?


Both previous answers to your original question are pointing into the same direction: using Joomla's ACL and HikaShop Business' restrictions.

1. Get HikaShop Business Edition (sorry, no other one has the required feature).
2. Create a new Joomla usergroup with "Registered" as parent, name it e.g. "Specific Company".
3. Add customers of that specific company to the new usergroup.
4. Create a new Joomla access level, check "Specific Company" and "Super Users" only (eventually also admins?).
5. In that special "one piece of clothing" product, use the ACL as shown in the link to make it accessible for "Specific Company" and admins only.
6. - 999. Enjoy all the other advanced features of the Business Edition. ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by lousyfool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220580 by Ayling
Replied by Ayling on topic Creating a portal?.
I thought I had business edition. How can I tell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220581 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Creating a portal?.

Ayling wrote: I thought I had business edition. How can I tell.


Did you purchase it here?

In the HikaShop backend -> Documentation -> Update/About.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220582 by Ayling
Replied by Ayling on topic Creating a portal?.
My web host provider did for me. Will it say business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220583 by Ayling
Replied by Ayling on topic Creating a portal?.
I have hikashop business 2.6.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220584 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Creating a portal?.

Ayling wrote: I have hikashop business 2.6.0


Good. Then simply follow instructions here.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ayling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum