What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240491
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve? was created by gasoline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Catgories messed up
I don't know what my client did, he wanted to seperate some categories and made new ones. Now it seems I have double listing(aliassen). See Image.
How can I restore to original?
So
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Catgories messed up
I don't know what my client did, he wanted to seperate some categories and made new ones. Now it seems I have double listing(aliassen). See Image.
How can I restore to original?
So
- ROOT
- Product Catgories
- Brand
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by gasoline.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240498
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
Hi,
Please go in "Products > Categories" and then click on the "rebuild" button that you will find in the toolbar.
It should fix the category tree structure.
Regards,
Please go in "Products > Categories" and then click on the "rebuild" button that you will find in the toolbar.
It should fix the category tree structure.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240559
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
I'll keep on trying!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240601
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
Hi,
Then, open the hikashop_category table of the database via your phpMyAdmin. There, make sure that the category_parent_id of the categories not at the right place is equal to the category_id of their parent category.
Once that's done, click on the "rebuild" button and it should put everything back in place.
Then, open the hikashop_category table of the database via your phpMyAdmin. There, make sure that the category_parent_id of the categories not at the right place is equal to the category_id of their parent category.
Once that's done, click on the "rebuild" button and it should put everything back in place.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240634
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your comment. If it was HTML, CSS or even JS I could follow you, but MySQL is a bit difficult for me. I tried several things but did not work. In the images the 2 lines (I Assume) where the problem lays (ROOT & Spreien)
Could you please suggest which columns I should alter and with what numbers. That would be awesome.
PS
Hi Nicolas,
I changed ROOT to 0 and removed spreien. Now I got this, does that look good to you?
Thanks for your comment. If it was HTML, CSS or even JS I could follow you, but MySQL is a bit difficult for me. I tried several things but did not work. In the images the 2 lines (I Assume) where the problem lays (ROOT & Spreien)
Could you please suggest which columns I should alter and with what numbers. That would be awesome.
PS
Hi Nicolas,
I changed ROOT to 0 and removed spreien. Now I got this, does that look good to you?
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by gasoline. Reason: changed dbase info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240656
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
Hi,
Yes. That looks great now.
I guess that the problem is solved now.
It seems that the spreien category had been placed as parent of the root category and thus it messed the category tree.
Yes. That looks great now.
I guess that the problem is solved now.
It seems that the spreien category had been placed as parent of the root category and thus it messed the category tree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240667
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic What the *** did my client mess up? How to solve?
Hi Nicolas,
Still don't know how my client did it (will speak to him later today), but appearantly the solution was to make ROOT category_parent_id 0. After that I was able to delete the Spreien (only from dbase).
Site works fine now so problem seems to be solved. Very happy with that. Thanks for the support.
Still don't know how my client did it (will speak to him later today), but appearantly the solution was to make ROOT category_parent_id 0. After that I was able to delete the Spreien (only from dbase).
Site works fine now so problem seems to be solved. Very happy with that. Thanks for the support.
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by gasoline.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds