- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Variants not always created
10 years 3 months ago #243461
by nrgiser
Variants not always created was created by nrgiser
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
staging4.2-sleep.be
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 53.0.2767.4
Hi,
If I create a product with a certain characteristic, the variants are created when I save. When I create another product with another characteristic, no variants are created. When I create yet another product with the first and the second characteristics, no variants are created. Why? Shouldn't this just always work?
I have deleted the characteristics and recreated them and I still have the problem. It's driving me nuts!
The procedure is so simple. Create characteristics, create a product, pick characteristics and save. What can I do wrong?
Kind regards,
Jan Buskens.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 53.0.2767.4
Hi,
If I create a product with a certain characteristic, the variants are created when I save. When I create another product with another characteristic, no variants are created. When I create yet another product with the first and the second characteristics, no variants are created. Why? Shouldn't this just always work?
I have deleted the characteristics and recreated them and I still have the problem. It's driving me nuts!
The procedure is so simple. Create characteristics, create a product, pick characteristics and save. What can I do wrong?
Kind regards,
Jan Buskens.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243466
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants not always created
Hi,
HikaShop doesn't create variants automatically to avoid having people destroying their website by creating products with millions of variants (it happened a lot when variants were created automatically).
As explained in the documentation related to characteristics the process is this:
Create characteristics, create a product, pick characteristics, go in the variants tab of the product, click on the add variants, select the values of the characteristics for which you want variants, and validate.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
HikaShop doesn't create variants automatically to avoid having people destroying their website by creating products with millions of variants (it happened a lot when variants were created automatically).
As explained in the documentation related to characteristics the process is this:
Create characteristics, create a product, pick characteristics, go in the variants tab of the product, click on the add variants, select the values of the characteristics for which you want variants, and validate.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #243548
by nrgiser
Replied by nrgiser on topic Variants not always created
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by nrgiser. Reason: screenshot didn't upload
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243558
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants not always created
Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce that behavior.
Do you have the "automatically generate variants" setting in the HikaShop configuration ? Is it activated ? What if you turn it off ?
I'm not able to reproduce that behavior.
Do you have the "automatically generate variants" setting in the HikaShop configuration ? Is it activated ? What if you turn it off ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243644
by nrgiser
Replied by nrgiser on topic Variants not always created
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243647
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants not always created
Hi,
The "automatically generate variants" setting was displayed under the "advanced settings" section of the configuration. So please check there.
The "automatically generate variants" setting was displayed under the "advanced settings" section of the configuration. So please check there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243776
by nrgiser
Replied by nrgiser on topic Variants not always created
Hi,
These are my advanced settings:
These are my advanced settings:
Attachment Screenshot.png not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243781
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Variants not always created
Then I don't see why it would happen. But well, if it's only creating 8 variants, it actually reduces the work for you since you don't have to create them, so I don't see the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243808
by nrgiser
Replied by nrgiser on topic Variants not always created
The problem is that it doesn't work with all characteristics. If I select another or add another, nothing is created. I just see a red square with a zero in.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #243813
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Variants not always created
Hello,
Can you provide back end access in order to process some tests ?
Use our Contact us form, just add in your message a link to this topic.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Can you provide back end access in order to process some tests ?
Use our Contact us form, just add in your message a link to this topic.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #243893
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Variants not always created
Hello,
I m process lots of tests in order to understand how just add a characteristics can lead to AUTOMATICALLY create some variants.
But with no success... I'm really wonder how this is possible, expect maybe if you have previously create a product with this variants, DELETE it AND create a new WITH the same ID...
Anyway, for me as Nicolas told you add characteristics don't create variants alone, and so I see that your Variants works as expected.
Regards
I m process lots of tests in order to understand how just add a characteristics can lead to AUTOMATICALLY create some variants.
But with no success... I'm really wonder how this is possible, expect maybe if you have previously create a product with this variants, DELETE it AND create a new WITH the same ID...
Anyway, for me as Nicolas told you add characteristics don't create variants alone, and so I see that your Variants works as expected.
Regards
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds