- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
view product / article videos in an iframe
10 years 2 months ago #245796
by Ian7
view product / article videos in an iframe was created by Ian7
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.quantumoffice.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.x
-- PHP version -- : latest
Hi,
I would be grateful if you can help me with this.
1. I have created some articles with images that link to videos on youtube. I have displayed these on a hikashop carousel on the home page and I would like the video to play on the same page in an iframe when a user clicks the 'watch now' link. Currently it opens a new page and then the user has to figure out to click the image, which opens a new browser for the youtube video.
2. I would also like the hikamarket listed products ( where there are videos) to play in an iframe on the same page.
Please let me know whats the best way to do this?
Many thanks
Ian
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.x
-- PHP version -- : latest
Hi,
I would be grateful if you can help me with this.
1. I have created some articles with images that link to videos on youtube. I have displayed these on a hikashop carousel on the home page and I would like the video to play on the same page in an iframe when a user clicks the 'watch now' link. Currently it opens a new page and then the user has to figure out to click the image, which opens a new browser for the youtube video.
2. I would also like the hikamarket listed products ( where there are videos) to play in an iframe on the same page.
Please let me know whats the best way to do this?
Many thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245799
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic view product / article videos in an iframe
Hi,
You'll want to use an extension like that to have the link to the video open in a popup:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/jl-popup-anywhere-pro
You might need to customize the products listing view file to add the popup link to the listings instead of the normal link. You can do that via the menu Display>Views:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout
You'll want to use an extension like that to have the link to the video open in a popup:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/jl-popup-anywhere-pro
You might need to customize the products listing view file to add the popup link to the listings instead of the normal link. You can do that via the menu Display>Views:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds