- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 1
Add Characteristics button
10 years 2 weeks ago #250284
by shoppist
Add Characteristics button was created by shoppist
-- url of the page with the problem -- : kfar-saba-museum.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Add Characteristics button brings an empty blank window
Hi There,
Add Characteristics button brings an empty blank window.
it suddenly happened. I don't remember I have installed anything that influenced that.
Any ideas?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Add Characteristics button brings an empty blank window
Hi There,
Add Characteristics button brings an empty blank window.
it suddenly happened. I don't remember I have installed anything that influenced that.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #250290
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi,
I'm sorry but I can't read your language. Could you provide a direct link to the product page you're talking about so that we can look at the issue ?
I'm sorry but I can't read your language. Could you provide a direct link to the product page you're talking about so that we can look at the issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #250374
by shoppist
Replied by shoppist on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi,
It has nothing to do with my language.
The button that should return a pop up window with characteristics to add comes empty.
it's on every product on this site, not specific product.
Thank you
It has nothing to do with my language.
The button that should return a pop up window with characteristics to add comes empty.
it's on every product on this site, not specific product.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 2 weeks ago #250394
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Add Characteristics button
Hello,
Firstly can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Firstly can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #250940
by shoppist
Replied by shoppist on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi,
so, I have now the latest Hikashop business version and I expected this problem to disappear but its still there.
When I try to add values to the characteristic I get an empty window.
Please advice
Thank you
so, I have now the latest Hikashop business version and I expected this problem to disappear but its still there.
When I try to add values to the characteristic I get an empty window.
Please advice
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 week ago #250947
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi,
That's likely a bug of the popup system of Joomla.
Update Joomla to the latest version.
And change the "popup mode" to "vex" in the HikaShop configuration if that's not already the case.
That's likely a bug of the popup system of Joomla.
Update Joomla to the latest version.
And change the "popup mode" to "vex" in the HikaShop configuration if that's not already the case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 days ago #251058
by shoppist
Replied by shoppist on topic Add Characteristics button
When I tried to update I got this error:
1062 Duplicate entry '452' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO #__extensions (extension_id, name, type, element, folder, client_id, enabled, access, protected, manifest_cache, params, custom_data, system_data, checked_out, checked_out_time, ordering, state) VALUES (452, 'plg_system_updatenotification', 'plugin', 'updatenotification', 'system', 0, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);
I have disabled plugin named plg_system_cp and now the popup is showing!
BUT... I save it and it's not displaying in front end...
any suggestions?
1062 Duplicate entry '452' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO #__extensions (extension_id, name, type, element, folder, client_id, enabled, access, protected, manifest_cache, params, custom_data, system_data, checked_out, checked_out_time, ordering, state) VALUES (452, 'plg_system_updatenotification', 'plugin', 'updatenotification', 'system', 0, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);
I have disabled plugin named plg_system_cp and now the popup is showing!
BUT... I save it and it's not displaying in front end...
any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 days ago #251064
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi,
That popup is to add a value to a characteristic.
Adding values to characteristics won't change anything to the frontend.
If you want to add values for a characteristic for a product on the product page, after you added the value in the characteristic, you need to edit the product, and use the 'add variants' button of the "variants" tab of the product to add the corresponding variant(s).
I don't understand what you mean.I save it and it's not displaying in front end
That popup is to add a value to a characteristic.
Adding values to characteristics won't change anything to the frontend.
If you want to add values for a characteristic for a product on the product page, after you added the value in the characteristic, you need to edit the product, and use the 'add variants' button of the "variants" tab of the product to add the corresponding variant(s).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252539
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Add Characteristics button
Hi
i think you have to give more information on the page that give issues ( name it explicitly ) .
before be able to add characteristics in panel specification in a product you have to create characteristic ( name default value ) .
So here the steps with a capture screen that show the term I use ( specification characteristic ...):
1 create characteristic :
component -> hikashop and then product-> characteristic
when all the characteristics with all associate values are create you can use tham in product
for add many value you have to click each time to add button ( right side of capture screen)
2 use characteristic in product :
component -> hikashop
then choose or create a product and go to the area in the html panel call SPECIFICATION Appear ! ( see the capture screen )
SPECIFICATION let you choose any and many characteristic with the default value maong those define during the creation of characteristic
You do not have to deal with SQL or go inside MySQL table or spy the SQL request using a MySQL proxy or joomla debug tool .
B.) Last thing about the help button call help that show documentation
1- the capture screen show language support
2- the capture screen show missing fields like "alias" and "characteristic selection method" ( could we know more about howto use this new field ? )
3- in the table ordering appear ( could we know more about howto use this new field ? )
Hope this ll helpfull
regard's
NB it must be not so diffucult to update al lthe image capture screen in hikashop documentation . i could do it for you if i have some time ..and access right ! )
i think you have to give more information on the page that give issues ( name it explicitly ) .
before be able to add characteristics in panel specification in a product you have to create characteristic ( name default value ) .
So here the steps with a capture screen that show the term I use ( specification characteristic ...):
1 create characteristic :
component -> hikashop and then product-> characteristic
when all the characteristics with all associate values are create you can use tham in product
for add many value you have to click each time to add button ( right side of capture screen)
2 use characteristic in product :
component -> hikashop
then choose or create a product and go to the area in the html panel call SPECIFICATION Appear ! ( see the capture screen )
SPECIFICATION let you choose any and many characteristic with the default value maong those define during the creation of characteristic
You do not have to deal with SQL or go inside MySQL table or spy the SQL request using a MySQL proxy or joomla debug tool .
Attachment not found
B.) Last thing about the help button call help that show documentation
1- the capture screen show language support
2- the capture screen show missing fields like "alias" and "characteristic selection method" ( could we know more about howto use this new field ? )
3- in the table ordering appear ( could we know more about howto use this new field ? )
Attachment not found
Hope this ll helpfull
regard's
NB it must be not so diffucult to update al lthe image capture screen in hikashop documentation . i could do it for you if i have some time ..and access right ! )
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252553
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Add Characteristics button
in joomla when you see the website without authentification or authentification for commerce purpose ( name adress credit card , payment ... ) then you are in the frontEnd . The back end need also authentification but this authentification let you edit content mix module component plugin article ......to be able to create a custom fonctionnal website. ...so BackEnd and FrontEnd are not the same.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds