Skip to main content

Issue with Category Select

More
9 years 10 months ago #255246 by wernejo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi,

One of our store managers recently added some new products to our online shop and accidently saved the product to a parent category and not the child category where it was meant to go. After realizing what had happened they went to fix the mistake but found that they were unable to select any of the child categories. All that happens when you click on the + icon to expand the Product Category selection is that the icon changes to a - and nothing else. This also happens now for creating new products as well.

All of the product categories are published and accessible. Any Ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255265 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

Can you use the "Rebuild" button through the page "Hikashop->Products->Categories" and test it again ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255327 by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Issue with Category Select
I've done the rebuild like you said and the child categories are showing up in the category manager but still aren't appearing when editing the product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255335 by arkscan
Replied by arkscan on topic Issue with Category Select
I am having the same issue, I realize this happens to Hikashop Business version, but not the Free version. Very frustrated, please fix it asap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255374 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

added some new products to our online shop and accidently saved the product to a parent category and not the child category where it was meant to go


I've done several tests and I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end so can you give me step by step instructions of how you managed to get that issue ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255434 by arkscan
Replied by arkscan on topic Issue with Category Select
see attached error with the debug, the 'Barcode Scanner" and "Receipt Printer" should have child categories, but they don't, instead showing the '-' with nothing below.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255440 by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Issue with Category Select

Mohamed Thelji wrote:
I've done several tests and I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end so can you give me step by step instructions of how you managed to get that issue ?


As far as I'm aware the product was just saved in the wrong place and we haven't been able to move it to the right spot ever since. I can set you up with some login details if you want to have a look for yourself. I've tried everything I can think of and even checked the SQL database and everything appears fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255489 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Issue with Category Select
Hi,

First, please download the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours. It should add some patches for the category explorer system which might help avoid the issue.
If you still have the problem after that, please provide a backend access via our contact form so that we can have a look at the issue.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255713 by wernejo
Replied by wernejo on topic Issue with Category Select
Thanks, That worked!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum