Oversized menu
9 years 1 month ago #277440
by Ch3vr0n
Oversized menu was created by Ch3vr0n
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
shop.movi.be
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 55
A couple days ago i updated on of my sites from the latest v2 release to v3.1.1. I was notified yesterday by the shop owner that the categories menu text was now oversized. The font seems to have quadrupled in size. I tried installing v3.2.0 but unfortunately this didn't fix the issue. Nothing changed template wise. Only hikashop. I can't seem to find the fix myself. Any assistance would be appreciated. As naturally i'd rather not go back to an old release.
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 55
A couple days ago i updated on of my sites from the latest v2 release to v3.1.1. I was notified yesterday by the shop owner that the categories menu text was now oversized. The font seems to have quadrupled in size. I tried installing v3.2.0 but unfortunately this didn't fix the issue. Nothing changed template wise. Only hikashop. I can't seem to find the fix myself. Any assistance would be appreciated. As naturally i'd rather not go back to an old release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277457
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Oversized menu
Hi,
I suppose that you're actually not talking about your menu but the left side categories listing module.
The size of the text in that module is actually defined by your template with the CSS:
h3 {
line-height: 42.86px;
font-size: 30px;
}
in the file shop.movi.be/templates/movi/css/template.min.css
So I don't see why updating HikaShop would change that.
You should change that CSS code there, or add CSS to override that CSS for the module.
I suppose that you're actually not talking about your menu but the left side categories listing module.
The size of the text in that module is actually defined by your template with the CSS:
h3 {
line-height: 42.86px;
font-size: 30px;
}
in the file shop.movi.be/templates/movi/css/template.min.css
So I don't see why updating HikaShop would change that.
You should change that CSS code there, or add CSS to override that CSS for the module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #277467
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Oversized menu
the left "menu module" yes. I don't see either why, but that's exactly what happened. Odly enough. At least now i know where to look. I suppose the "white" stuff is specified by the "line height"? I managed to fix it somewhat but it's not like what it looked before. There was no "green space" between the categories either. It was a nice looking menu that
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Ch3vr0n.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277476
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Oversized menu
Hello,
Would it be possible to have more details about the license used by that website ?
I see that you have an HikaShop Business license which attached to another website.
So if HikaShop is not more installed in the other website but is used in that website ; it would be best to manage your license to perform the right website assignation.
www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html
Regards,
Would it be possible to have more details about the license used by that website ?
I see that you have an HikaShop Business license which attached to another website.
So if HikaShop is not more installed in the other website but is used in that website ; it would be best to manage your license to perform the right website assignation.
www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277514
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Oversized menu
Sure, the joomla / GPL license does allow installation of extensions on multiple sites. Both movi and my personal website (to which the license is attached) actively use the component (personal one for translation, movi as shop). Since i can't assign a license to both sites i have to pick one.
I guess i can swap it around and manually update on my personal one and assign auto-update to movi.
I guess i can swap it around and manually update on my personal one and assign auto-update to movi.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277574
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Oversized menu
Hello,
Yes but the HikaShop license offers other services, like the updates and the support ; for one single domain.
Since you have a "special" HikaShop license, please understand that it's not very well seen.
Regards,
Yes but the HikaShop license offers other services, like the updates and the support ; for one single domain.
Since you have a "special" HikaShop license, please understand that it's not very well seen.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277596
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Oversized menu
The URL issue has just been addressed, changed to the one that's actively using the component on the front end. That said, that still leaves the issue at hand where the left side module "menu" is oversized and changed after installing 3.x. I can provide a full system dump backup made with akeeba backup that was made PRIOR to installing 3.x. That way you could install it on a testing environment, instalkl 3.1/3.2 and see the changes for yourself immediately.
Perhaps that would help you figure out what's going on
All i can say is that prior to 3.1 installation there was no green space between the "options" and the "white area" per option was smaller.
Perhaps that would help you figure out what's going on
All i can say is that prior to 3.1 installation there was no green space between the "options" and the "white area" per option was smaller.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #277655
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Oversized menu
Hello,
Before doing all this kind of tests, can you provide an Url link with this display issue AND a screenshot where you spot change from previous version.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Before doing all this kind of tests, can you provide an Url link with this display issue AND a screenshot where you spot change from previous version.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #277657
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Oversized menu
Certainly. I'll setup a testing environment with that full system dump made prior to 3.x. I'll post back when that's done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds