Skip to main content

How to specify Menu / Submenu Ordering?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #278395 by Dardwizzle
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Guys,

I am feeling really silly at the moment, but how does one set the ordering of the menus and submenus?

For example, I have something like this

"Home" "Help Center" "Shop" "Search "My Account" "Contact Us" <---- How to I specify the order across the top menus are?
Policies1
XXX2
XXX3 <
How do I specify the vertical order of the submenus as well?

I know that in the "Ordering" Drop down, you can specify First and Last, but what about in the middle? How do I put each item in the order of my choosing? They don't follow alphabetically, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to put them in the right flow / order for the site. They seem to just land where ever, and it is messing with the feng shui of my site...
PS - Help files did not help and i only find info on organizing the product listings but not menus.

The attached screenshot shows you how un-organized my menu / submenus are and I would really like to put them in a specific order based on the proper flow a customer would use.

Please let me know. Cheers

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Dardwizzle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #278406 by Dardwizzle
Well now, I feel silly, I figured it out, and it was so simple, but thats why I missed it. It seems that you just have to cycle through moving your menu / submenu items to the first or last until you cycle them where you want them .The simplicity of it threw me off, however, I nice feature request would be if there could be a drop down number listing or number text box where you could select the ordering in a quick 1, 2, 3 and set them as you want them rather then cycle through them.

Anyway, Cheers folks, I am sure someone else has had this question so I hope my answering my own question helps someone else!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #278435 by Jerome
Hello,

Sorry but I don't see the relation with HikaShop since you're talking about Joomla menus.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #278490 by Dardwizzle
Sorry, if they are Joomla menu's and not HikaShop menus then that is my bad. I am still understanding the separation between what is Joomla and what is HikaShop and it was just explained to me last night so I understand now. As it was explained to me, Joomla is the Engine, and HikaShop is like the Air Conditioning. It's an addon to the engine. :)

I am still learning, so I guess I have no issue for this forum since HikaShop does not have anything to do with the . I will get it all understood eventually, but hey, atleast I have a working site and I was able to figure out how to order the Joomla Menus all be it it's a convoluted way to do it, but it works... :)
Disregard my non-sense... I do believe however, aside from that goof up, my questions make a lot more sense then they used too and I tend to actually have legitimate questions compared to when I first came here lol

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #278491 by Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #278537 by Dardwizzle
Thank you, I did not know about that help page. Very useful!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum