- Posts: 150
- Thank you received: 11
Create a blog
6 years 7 months ago #315815
by Giscard
Create a blog was created by Giscard
Hello,
I would like to create a "blog" in my e-shop, something similar to your blog in Hikashop's site, Home >Blog.
Is there a tutorial for that or should I read the articles tutorial?
In general the idea is to post some news or opinions about books etc
Thank you in advance.
I would like to create a "blog" in my e-shop, something similar to your blog in Hikashop's site, Home >Blog.
Is there a tutorial for that or should I read the articles tutorial?
In general the idea is to post some news or opinions about books etc
Thank you in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315816
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a blog
Hi,
Well, the first function of Joomla is to create content articles, like a blog.
So you sure can do that with Joomla, but it's not really related to HikaShop.
You can do that without any extension:
www.joomguide.com/create-a-blog-in-joomla/
Or you can use an extension dedicated to it:
extensions.joomla.org/category/authoring-a-content/blog/
Well, the first function of Joomla is to create content articles, like a blog.
So you sure can do that with Joomla, but it's not really related to HikaShop.
You can do that without any extension:
www.joomguide.com/create-a-blog-in-joomla/
Or you can use an extension dedicated to it:
extensions.joomla.org/category/authoring-a-content/blog/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315832
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Create a blog
Hello,
Ok. I asked if there was an extension or something like that in Hikashop.
Thank you nicolas very much.
Ok. I asked if there was an extension or something like that in Hikashop.
Thank you nicolas very much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315839
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a blog
Hi,
Well, since Joomla already does it by default and there are loads of other extensions to do it, I don't see a reason to do it in HikaShop.
Plus, HikaShop it meant for ecommerce, not blogging, so it wouldn't fit into it.
On our website, we just use Joomla's content articles for our blog area with a bit of customization of the layouts.
Well, since Joomla already does it by default and there are loads of other extensions to do it, I don't see a reason to do it in HikaShop.
Plus, HikaShop it meant for ecommerce, not blogging, so it wouldn't fit into it.
On our website, we just use Joomla's content articles for our blog area with a bit of customization of the layouts.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315868
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Create a blog
Hello,
There is no need for that Hikashop-blog indeed.
There are so many things that you can do with Hikashop and I wanted to ask if there was something that I missed on documentation.
Anyhow, I will use the default.
Thank you very much nicolas, always helpful.
There is no need for that Hikashop-blog indeed.
There are so many things that you can do with Hikashop and I wanted to ask if there was something that I missed on documentation.
Anyhow, I will use the default.
Thank you very much nicolas, always helpful.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 1.192 seconds