- Posts: 130
- Thank you received: 6
How to link to variants
6 years 2 months ago #321737
by dklbwf
How to link to variants was created by dklbwf
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
Hello,
I went back and forth on what made more sense from SEO aspect and decided to just go with the variants option instead of creating a product/page for every different product option. I was wondering if there is a way to somehow send visitors to the different variants somehow? I have tried adding the variant ID in front of the product name in the url but it just redirects me right back to the main product page.
Thanks N Advance
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
Hello,
I went back and forth on what made more sense from SEO aspect and decided to just go with the variants option instead of creating a product/page for every different product option. I was wondering if there is a way to somehow send visitors to the different variants somehow? I have tried adding the variant ID in front of the product name in the url but it just redirects me right back to the main product page.
Thanks N Advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #321744
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to link to variants
Hello,
Having a variant means that the product will be the same no matter the variant, only a "characteristic" like color/size/.. will vary. That's why loading the product's variant based on the URL will require custom code.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Having a variant means that the product will be the same no matter the variant, only a "characteristic" like color/size/.. will vary. That's why loading the product's variant based on the URL will require custom code.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds