- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Removing VAT for oders from the United States
13 years 4 months ago #106655
by matps
Removing VAT for oders from the United States was created by matps
Hi There,
I've had a customer from the United States complain that we're charging them VAT when they try and order something. Is there a way to remove the VAT price when customers are ordering from the United States?
Regards,
Matthew
I've had a customer from the United States complain that we're charging them VAT when they try and order something. Is there a way to remove the VAT price when customers are ordering from the United States?
Regards,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 4 months ago #106659
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Removing VAT for oders from the United States
Hi Mathew,
I think that putting a zone limitation into your tax configuration will probably do the job
.
I think that putting a zone limitation into your tax configuration will probably do the job
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #106660
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Removing VAT for oders from the United States
I tried setting 'Product tax category; for the Shipping Method but that didn't seem to work. I've taken over the handling of this website so haven't done anything with the taxes before, but I can see a 'Default tax category' with a VAT 20% from the tax view, but I'm not sure what to do from here?
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #106744
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Removing VAT for oders from the United States
Hi,
You probably have to create a new tax rule via the menu System > Taxes, and restrict this tax to the US, set the category as "Default tax category".
By this way this rule will override the other rule for the United States and they will no more have the 20%.
You probably have to create a new tax rule via the menu System > Taxes, and restrict this tax to the US, set the category as "Default tax category".
By this way this rule will override the other rule for the United States and they will no more have the 20%.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107782
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Removing VAT for oders from the United States
Hi There,
I'm still having problems here.
So I've set up a Default tax category which has a 20% rate and a US tax category with a 0% rate. However all my products have the Product tax category set to 'Default tax category', so how can I have different Product categories (a default and a US) for each product?
I'm still having problems here.
So I've set up a Default tax category which has a 20% rate and a US tax category with a 0% rate. However all my products have the Product tax category set to 'Default tax category', so how can I have different Product categories (a default and a US) for each product?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107800
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Removing VAT for oders from the United States
Hi,
Actually you have to create new tax but put it in the same tax category so your product will automatically get the appropriate tax according to the customer's address.
Actually you have to create new tax but put it in the same tax category so your product will automatically get the appropriate tax according to the customer's address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds