- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
User activation AFTER payment
- TieYaKangaroo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 6 days ago - 12 years 11 months ago #124796
by TieYaKangaroo
User activation AFTER payment was created by TieYaKangaroo
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
indesignr0.kangawebsites.com
-- HikaShop version -- : CURRENT
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi Hika Team.. I am wondering if it is possible that a buyer of the product only gets automatically registered AFTER payment is received through the gateway??? Seems currently the user can cancel his shopping and not complete payment even after they have registered in the checkout, then can have access to the site's restricted member areas. Can I fix this? I would like it to be automatic register AFTER payment.
indesignr0.kangawebsites.com
I bought HIKASHOP ESSENTIAL
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : CURRENT
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi Hika Team.. I am wondering if it is possible that a buyer of the product only gets automatically registered AFTER payment is received through the gateway??? Seems currently the user can cancel his shopping and not complete payment even after they have registered in the checkout, then can have access to the site's restricted member areas. Can I fix this? I would like it to be automatic register AFTER payment.
indesignr0.kangawebsites.com
I bought HIKASHOP ESSENTIAL
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by TieYaKangaroo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 days ago #124816
by epware
Replied by epware on topic User activation AFTER payment
Meet too I am interested in this topic. Force vendors only to register with a credit card.
Tx
Eric
Tx
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 days ago #124849
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic User activation AFTER payment
Hi,
Registration has to be done before the payment so that the order can be linked to the user in the database so that when the payment notification comes back, we know what the user bought and who the user is for that payment.
Also, as we auto log the user after the registration, the activation needs to be either deactivated or done before the payment, otherwise, we can't auto log the user on the website as joomla will refuse it since the user is not activated.
Registration has to be done before the payment so that the order can be linked to the user in the database so that when the payment notification comes back, we know what the user bought and who the user is for that payment.
Also, as we auto log the user after the registration, the activation needs to be either deactivated or done before the payment, otherwise, we can't auto log the user on the website as joomla will refuse it since the user is not activated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TieYaKangaroo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 days ago #125055
by TieYaKangaroo
Replied by TieYaKangaroo on topic User activation AFTER payment
thanks Nicholas. If I deactivate the register detail in checkout but then redirect back to it AFTER payment gateway.. Will Hikashop still record the buyers details etc..? I'm just trying to establish the best action to decide. Thank you for your patience in my query...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 days ago #125094
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic User activation AFTER payment
No it won't. If an order is made without logging in the website, the order is considered as anonymous and it can't be linked with a user on the frontend (you can of course do it manually on the backend).
The following user(s) said Thank You: TieYaKangaroo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds