- Posts: 72
- Thank you received: 0
Edit customer account details email.
- daveturner101
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago #125686
by daveturner101
Edit customer account details email. was created by daveturner101
Hi,
When a customer registers on my site they're sent an email with their username and password. How can I prevent this email from being sent or edit the contents of the email?
I don't want the plain text passwords being emailed.
At the moment it reads like this:
I thought that I could use a language override such as 'THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING' or 'YOU_CAN_LOG_IN_WITH'
But the username and password variables aren't shown in the overrides.
I'm using the free version of HikaShop so I don't have access in the admin area to edit email content but I would really appreciate someone telling me where about in the code i can remove the sending of the passwords.
Many thanks,
Dave
When a customer registers on my site they're sent an email with their username and password. How can I prevent this email from being sent or edit the contents of the email?
I don't want the plain text passwords being emailed.
At the moment it reads like this:
Hi David,
Thank you for registering at *SITE NAME*.
You can log in the website with the following username and password.
Username : *USERNAME HERE*
Password : *PASSWORD HERE*
I thought that I could use a language override such as 'THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING' or 'YOU_CAN_LOG_IN_WITH'
But the username and password variables aren't shown in the overrides.
I'm using the free version of HikaShop so I don't have access in the admin area to edit email content but I would really appreciate someone telling me where about in the code i can remove the sending of the passwords.
Many thanks,
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- daveturner101
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 72
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #125692
by daveturner101
Replied by daveturner101 on topic [SOLVED] Edit customer account details email.
I found these template files here:
/media/com_hikashop/mail
have solved my problem and removed the password from the account info email.
thanks
/media/com_hikashop/mail
have solved my problem and removed the password from the account info email.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds