- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
- rodrigo8_4
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago #126332
by rodrigo8_4
How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button was created by rodrigo8_4
So I changed the buttons description of the cpanel by language override , but I cannot redirect this big buttons to the pages I want.
For example, this is the url of the first button: mysite.com/user-profile/profile?layout=edit
I want to change that to another URL, I tried many redirect plugins and non of them worked.
I looked into every single file and I could find where to insert an href redirection for that button, there is this $onebutton thing that when I change it , then every button of the cpanel goes to that link.
Ideas?
For example, this is the url of the first button: mysite.com/user-profile/profile?layout=edit
I want to change that to another URL, I tried many redirect plugins and non of them worked.
I looked into every single file and I could find where to insert an href redirection for that button, there is this $onebutton thing that when I change it , then every button of the cpanel goes to that link.
Ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #126473
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
Hi,
The view "user | cpanel" display the buttons that the view manage gave him.
You can override the view if you want to change the display, do not display some buttons or add new ones.
We are think about a refactoring of this cpanel view in order to give some kind of "key" for the buttons (and improve the design too).
For the moment I recommend you to use the $oneButton for finding the right button.
The keys are : address, order, cart, wishlist, downloads
Regards,
The view "user | cpanel" display the buttons that the view manage gave him.
You can override the view if you want to change the display, do not display some buttons or add new ones.
We are think about a refactoring of this cpanel view in order to give some kind of "key" for the buttons (and improve the design too).
For the moment I recommend you to use the $oneButton for finding the right button.
The keys are : address, order, cart, wishlist, downloads
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodrigo8_4
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #126568
by rodrigo8_4
Replied by rodrigo8_4 on topic How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
Thank you, but Im not a programmer so I need a little more help.
In what directory do I find this $oneButton ?, because I found it many times.
and, how do I change the $oneButton to change ¨edit user profile¨ URL?
when I changed the $oneButton all the URLs changed, but I only whant to change the url of first button of the user Cpanel
In what directory do I find this $oneButton ?, because I found it many times.
and, how do I change the $oneButton to change ¨edit user profile¨ URL?
when I changed the $oneButton all the URLs changed, but I only whant to change the url of first button of the user Cpanel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodrigo8_4
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #126660
by rodrigo8_4
Replied by rodrigo8_4 on topic How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
ok, maybe I didn´t explain the issue correctly.
In the user cpanel there are 4 buttons:
-Edit profile
-Address
-Items bought
-Affiliate
I want to change the href of the FIRST button, which right now is something like /joomla-pages-ii/user-profile/profile?layout=edit
Where do I change that link?
I looked everywehere, component, plugins, administrator, where is it?!
In the user cpanel there are 4 buttons:
-Edit profile
-Address
-Items bought
-Affiliate
I want to change the href of the FIRST button, which right now is something like /joomla-pages-ii/user-profile/profile?layout=edit
Where do I change that link?
I looked everywehere, component, plugins, administrator, where is it?!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #126669
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
Hi,
As Jerome said you need to modify the code of user/cpanel. There is no point in looking at the options as there is no option to that that URL.
It's not difficult.
Simply:
after:
if you change the $oneButton variable without the if, it will do it for all the links of the cpanel. That's what you were missing.
As Jerome said you need to modify the code of user/cpanel. There is no point in looking at the options as there is no option to that that URL.
It's not difficult.
Simply:
Code:
if($oneButton['image']=='user2') $oneButton['link']='http://my_new_url';
Code:
foreach($this->buttons as $oneButton){
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodrigo8_4
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #126678
by rodrigo8_4
Replied by rodrigo8_4 on topic How to change the URL of the Edit Profile button
Thank you
, you guys are amazing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds