- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
hikashop magically in url
12 years 11 months ago #127019
by wild4gsus
hikashop magically in url was created by wild4gsus
-- url of the page with the problem -- : showcarcustoms.com/fbs
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- N/A
I had a few ideas of where the solution is, but nothing I do seems to work, so I figured I'd ask. When you hover over "Create an Account" when you go to login, the URL reads as this...
component/users/?view=registration
When you actually go to the link, it reads this...
component/hikashop/user/form
How can I remove the word "hikashop" from the URL? Do I have to use a third party add-on for SEF's?
Site is still being built, but I put it up for you to look at if you need to.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- N/A
I had a few ideas of where the solution is, but nothing I do seems to work, so I figured I'd ask. When you hover over "Create an Account" when you go to login, the URL reads as this...
component/users/?view=registration
When you actually go to the link, it reads this...
component/hikashop/user/form
How can I remove the word "hikashop" from the URL? Do I have to use a third party add-on for SEF's?
Site is still being built, but I put it up for you to look at if you need to.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127021
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic hikashop magically in url
Hi,
Like every SEF links in Joomla : create a menu in order to chosse the url.
Regards,
Like every SEF links in Joomla : create a menu in order to chosse the url.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127024
by wild4gsus
Replied by wild4gsus on topic hikashop magically in url
I just created a menu item to register. Although that works and is exactly what I want it to look like, if you click "Member Login" on my site, then click on "Create an Account" in the popup module and you will be rerouted to a link with the work "hikashop" in it. Any other suggestions? I could always disable the "Create an Account" link and keep the other one, but I'd much rather have it with the login module.Jerome wrote: Hi,
Like every SEF links in Joomla : create a menu in order to chosse the url.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127062
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic hikashop magically in url
Hi,
Right.
You are using the system plugin "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop".
The idea will be to pass the ItemId of the HikaShop to the Joomla registration link. So the plugin will read it and create a right SEF url (because it will use the right ItemId).
Otherwise, I see a potential improvement of the plugin (in order to add an option to specify the ItemId of the HikaShop menu) but I will have to ask to Nicolas before to be sure.
Regards,
Right.
You are using the system plugin "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop".
The idea will be to pass the ItemId of the HikaShop to the Joomla registration link. So the plugin will read it and create a right SEF url (because it will use the right ItemId).
Otherwise, I see a potential improvement of the plugin (in order to add an option to specify the ItemId of the HikaShop menu) but I will have to ask to Nicolas before to be sure.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #127064
by wild4gsus
Replied by wild4gsus on topic hikashop magically in url
I am indeed using the redirect system plugin. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds