Skip to main content

Simple Wholesale setup

More
12 years 8 months ago #139022 by sarawhite
-- url of the page with the problem -- : http:/smilinginside.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17

There is already a shop running with hundreds of products, so far for retail (public) only.

I need to setup a wholesale section with the following criterias and I have difficulties finding the relevant information in the documentation.

- Access level wholesale
- 40% on each product for wholesalers
- minimum of $250 purchase per order
- one standard delivery fee of $20
- Special registration page that when somebody registers they will get the wholesale access after being approved

Without going through each product, can I set a general 40% for wholesalers?

How do I change the registration part so that when somebody registers through this, they will get the access level wholesale?

Where in the documentation would I find more info?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #139034 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

- Access level wholesale :
Note that through the Hikashop business version you can set ACL for many things like products/discounts/...

- 40% on each product for wholesalers :
you'll be able to do that by using a discount and set the access level to only wholesalers, and you won't have to go through each product

- minimum of $250 purchase per order and one standard delivery fee of $20:
You can do that by using your shipping method options and restrictions through your shipping method configuration page.

- Special registration page that when somebody registers they will get the wholesale access after being approved :
If you want your customers to be added to a group after their registrations, the solution would be to automatically assign your users to a group during the registration by using the " User Group FTW For Hikashop plugin ".
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarawhite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141524 by sarawhite
Replied by sarawhite on topic Simple Wholesale setup
I have followed your description, the products are now all showing a 40% off when logged in as a wholesaler.

I am struggling with the shipping methods as a special shipping method applies for the wholesaler. I created two new additional shipping plugins for wholesalers only


1: Australia Post with $20 one off charge and minimum of $250 purchase
2: Pickup with a minimum of $250 purchase

Both plugins have the "wholesaler" Access Level.




None of them show when going to the checkout, instead the standard "free shipping" plugin is shown which should only show when the normal registered user checks out.



Thank you for your suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141531 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
The best solution will probably be to follow each step of the shipping section of the FAQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarawhite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #141623 by sarawhite
Replied by sarawhite on topic Simple Wholesale setup
it worked out, the problem was that I did not have the full address entered in the user I was testing with. See images above, so the postage could not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum