- Posts: 91
- Thank you received: 3
Don't understand user account
- You edit 'Addresses' but I expected to edit my 'Account details' there (which is much more). Where to edit these information?
- The address itself (and the other information) is edited in a popup (without styling). I expected a screen (no popup) like the registration form, but prefilled with my details. Probably not my address, because that would be a different section (because of the multiple addresses possible).
- If the popup is there to stay, why isn't it styled like the rest?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I guess you are talking about the front end user panel. If not, make sure to be precise next time so we won't loose time
- The "Account information" menu is the one where you can change your details. As the name says it, addresses is for addresses.
- The address edition is a popup and it's not something you can easily change. However I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "prefilled with my details"
- There is not much style on the popu but maybe you have an issue. Could you post a screenshot so I can tell you? If you want to add some style, you can edit the front end css file (in System>Configuration>Display) and make it the way you want (see: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ize-the-display.html )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
See this screenshot ( awesomescreenshot.com/0672b4284d ). Your message suggests there is an option 'Account details'. I tested it on a clean installation and there it is. What did I do to lose it at this installation? I mean, where can I set to from OFF to ON?
Second screenshot ( awesomescreenshot.com/0682b43ob5 ) shows the styling issue. It would be nice if this was default the same style as the rest of the shop.
With account details available on a normal page, a popup only for editing addresses is no problem at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. If the account details button is missing, it means that you unpublished/removed the "HikaShop joomla user account link plugin" via the joomla plugins manager.
2. The styling of popups (and so the fact that they use the template's CSS or not, or part of it, is handled by the joomla template. In you case, it looks like your template developer has decided not to include any of the CSS of the website in the popups.
HikaShop is not and should not be responsible for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I understand this is complex. I - as a shop owner / shop administrator - can create any extra field I want. To be completely full proof (or is it fool proof) it should be possible to tell per extra field if it is a field that has something to do with an address or with the user / client.
I'm just thinking about options to make this component even better. But I already really like it!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you choose to create a custom field for the user, it will actually be editable in the user profile edition page of the user like you want.
However, the address_vat field is a default field because some of the functions of HikaShop rely on it to work properly. If you don't want to use it and create a user field for it, you can, but the tax system won't be able to use it to know if the user has a valid vat number or not (for Europe), and you won't be able to add it in the address_template view file so that it displays below the address of the user in the invoice of the users (like it's commonly done).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you make sure ton enable the "visible on frontend" option of the custom fields you are trying to edit?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If it doesn't come from that the the issue is either with your custom field options or with your template which has a custom view of the profile edition page that the plugin cannot parse.
Please provide a screenshot of the options of your custom field and try to switch your template to a default one and see if that help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best is to ask your template provider about that view override file though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.