- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
How to Seperate Access Levels For Customers
12 years 6 months ago #149020
by sensuva
How to Seperate Access Levels For Customers was created by sensuva
www.lipbang.com
Joomla 2.5
HikaShop for Joomla 2.5
I am trying to create two different access groups with permissions for different parts of my website. The customers get registered to the default Joomla Registered group, which I have setup a sub-group called "Customers" This is okay.
The second group is for a special group called "retailers" who should only have access to specific content on the website. This user group should not be able to access Store or default Joomla settings such as "Profile", Past orders, or other store related informaiton. The issue is when the Retailer logins in, and navigates to the Store, they are able to access the profile information for the store, which allows them to change their user account info.
How do I prevent a specific custom user group from accessing profile information through the store menus?
I have tried setting user group permissions in Joomla, but nothing seems to prevent this user group from getting access to the store menus.
Joomla 2.5
HikaShop for Joomla 2.5
I am trying to create two different access groups with permissions for different parts of my website. The customers get registered to the default Joomla Registered group, which I have setup a sub-group called "Customers" This is okay.
The second group is for a special group called "retailers" who should only have access to specific content on the website. This user group should not be able to access Store or default Joomla settings such as "Profile", Past orders, or other store related informaiton. The issue is when the Retailer logins in, and navigates to the Store, they are able to access the profile information for the store, which allows them to change their user account info.
How do I prevent a specific custom user group from accessing profile information through the store menus?
I have tried setting user group permissions in Joomla, but nothing seems to prevent this user group from getting access to the store menus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149063
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to Seperate Access Levels For Customers
Hi,
I think that what you are looking for is in HikaShop > Configuration > ACLs
I think that what you are looking for is in HikaShop > Configuration > ACLs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149150
by sensuva
Replied by sensuva on topic How to Seperate Access Levels For Customers
I don't have this option. I just have the Essential vers. Is this not included in this vers. ?
It seems like I should be able to protect the store profiles seperately from other Joomla users, no?
It seems like I should be able to protect the store profiles seperately from other Joomla users, no?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149256
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to Seperate Access Levels For Customers
No, it's not included. Advanced access levels are only available with the Business edition of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds