- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Do Not Want Username
12 years 6 months ago #149162
by MyWorld
Do Not Want Username was created by MyWorld
When the user is signing up to the shop it does not give them the option to add a USERNAME which is what I want.
However, if the user is requesting a password reminder it is asking for the Username as per the attached.
How can I remove that or not have it ask for a username.
Thank you!!
However, if the user is requesting a password reminder it is asking for the Username as per the attached.
How can I remove that or not have it ask for a username.
Thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149166
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Do Not Want Username
By default, the username is asked to the user during the registration process. If you remove the "username" field from the registration form as you apparently did, then it's the email which is used as username for Joomla (because Joomla requires a username for each user.
Unfortunately, there is no possibility to remove the username field in the password reminder form of Joomla. What you can do though is to change the text of the field to "email" instead of "username" with a joomla translation override:
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override
Unfortunately, there is no possibility to remove the username field in the password reminder form of Joomla. What you can do though is to change the text of the field to "email" instead of "username" with a joomla translation override:
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149473
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Do Not Want Username
This is odd. The only translation that I see in the file is this:
JGLOBAL_USERNAME="User Name"
But the text that is being displayed does not have a space in the word, as per the previously attached pic. The text is: Username.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!!
JGLOBAL_USERNAME="User Name"
But the text that is being displayed does not have a space in the word, as per the previously attached pic. The text is: Username.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149480
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Do Not Want Username
Nevermind I found it. Was looking in the wrong file - should have looked in the en-GB.com_users.ini
Thanks!!
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds