Skip to main content

Registration/Login

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #150584 by dashmalta
Registration/Login was created by dashmalta
Hi all,

This is my first time using HikaShop i.e. I'm a newbie.

I have the business edition of HikaShop and I created a menu link redirecting to the HikaShop registration page. Now, the problem is that once the user registers and activates the account, his username is his email. Can I add a username field in the registration form or else modify the label in the login form from 'username' to 'email'?

Adding to the above, I know that the confirmation email sent to the user there is CLEARLY written that his email address is his username but I don't think it's very user friendly like that in my opinion.

PS: I am using Joomla 3.x

Thanks a lot! XD
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by dashmalta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #150639 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Registration/Login
Hello,
Did you set the "Registration" option of the page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" to "Simplified Registration" ?
Because note that it will remove the password fields and the username field from the registration form so that you only have left the email field (and the address fields).
Then, when the system registers the user, it will generate a random password automatically for the user and use his email as username and send him an email with that information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dashmalta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #150726 by dashmalta
Replied by dashmalta on topic Registration/Login
Ohhhh ok I see what I did there....Thanks for the valuable information. :D

I set it to Register/Guest and now it's just how I wanted it to be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum