- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Can't activate a new account.
11 years 11 months ago #174633
by LemonChip
Can't activate a new account. was created by LemonChip
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None.
I am testing the registration part of the checkout. When I register an account, i get an email saying to click a link to activate the account. I click the link and I don't get any kind of confirmation that it worked, and then afterwards I can't progress any further through the checkout.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None.
I am testing the registration part of the checkout. When I register an account, i get an email saying to click a link to activate the account. I click the link and I don't get any kind of confirmation that it worked, and then afterwards I can't progress any further through the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #174667
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Can't activate a new account.
Hello,
Can you try to register through your Joomla register form instead of the Hikashop registration form to see if the problem is coming from hikashop or your Joomla itself ?
Don't forget to un-publish the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin" plugin before testing it.
Thanks.
Can you try to register through your Joomla register form instead of the Hikashop registration form to see if the problem is coming from hikashop or your Joomla itself ?
Don't forget to un-publish the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin" plugin before testing it.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174726
by LemonChip
Replied by LemonChip on topic Can't activate a new account.
Hi I found that it was already unpublished... But tried it both ways and the result was still the same.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174727
by LemonChip
Replied by LemonChip on topic Can't activate a new account.
Just some clarification... If I go to the joomla user manager after attempting to activate the account via the link in the email, the account isn't enabled or activated...
If I enable & activate the account manually I can then log in to the shop on the front end...
If I enable & activate the account manually I can then log in to the shop on the front end...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174728
by LemonChip
Replied by LemonChip on topic Can't activate a new account.
Update, I figured out what the problem was... I had to go into the joomla user management settings and set "new account activation" to "self" instead of "admin".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds