- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 12
required fields registration empty
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #182258
by SG
required fields registration empty was created by SG
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31
Hi,
On the site people can fill in a registration form. There are several fields (custom user/address fields).
Most of them are required and just a couple are optional fields.
Most of the time we get the registration fine (in all three languages).
But what's happening sometimes is that we get the registration mail and except for the username, name and email field, all the rest are empty. Even the required custom fields!
Let's start with the registration form. (menu: HikaShop » Registration form)
In the picture below, you see on the left a mail that is good and on the right a mail with the info missing.
The mail left was a registration that I did and the mail on the right was one of the customers.
Here are the settings from the hikashop configuration:
Since I upgraded from Hikashop 2.1.3, could it be that there is a problem with the view?
I only commented out the part so that the username was not required.
This is the code on the top part of the file (user / registration.php):
And this is the part below in the file:
I’m just mentioning this so you have as much as possible info about why sometimes we get a mail without all the fields filled, while they are required.
One client said that they filled in the required fields which would be logical otherwise you can’t send the form but still strange that some fields in the mails were empty.
Thanks in advance.
Greets
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31
Hi,
On the site people can fill in a registration form. There are several fields (custom user/address fields).
Most of them are required and just a couple are optional fields.
Most of the time we get the registration fine (in all three languages).
But what's happening sometimes is that we get the registration mail and except for the username, name and email field, all the rest are empty. Even the required custom fields!
Let's start with the registration form. (menu: HikaShop » Registration form)
In the picture below, you see on the left a mail that is good and on the right a mail with the info missing.
The mail left was a registration that I did and the mail on the right was one of the customers.
Here are the settings from the hikashop configuration:
Since I upgraded from Hikashop 2.1.3, could it be that there is a problem with the view?
I only commented out the part so that the username was not required.
This is the code on the top part of the file (user / registration.php):
Code:
<tr class="hikashop_registration_name_line">
<td class="key">
<label id="namemsg" for="register_name">
<?php echo JText::_( 'HIKA_USER_NAME' ); ?>
</label>
</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="data[register][name]" id="register_name" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'name' ));?>" class="inputbox required" maxlength="50" /> *
</td>
</tr>
And this is the part below in the file:
Code:
<tr class="hikashop_registration_required_info_line">
<td colspan="2" height="40">
<?php echo JText::_( 'HIKA_REGISTER_REQUIRED' ); ?>
</td>
</tr>
I’m just mentioning this so you have as much as possible info about why sometimes we get a mail without all the fields filled, while they are required.
One client said that they filled in the required fields which would be logical otherwise you can’t send the form but still strange that some fields in the mails were empty.
Thanks in advance.
Greets
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by SG. Reason: added code tag arround the code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #182274
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic required fields registration empty
Hello,
And do you know in which case do you exactly have that issue ?
And do you know in which case do you exactly have that issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #182354
by SG
Replied by SG on topic required fields registration empty
Hi,
Sadly I don't know how to reproduce this issue or when this happens exactly.
You can see the registrationform here: tinyurl.com/l7gpyr5
I can give admin rights to this url so you can maybe take a look.
Greets
Sadly I don't know how to reproduce this issue or when this happens exactly.
You can see the registrationform here: tinyurl.com/l7gpyr5
I can give admin rights to this url so you can maybe take a look.
Greets
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #182363
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic required fields registration empty
I just tried it by using the "Hikatest" username, did it worked well ? Note that if I can't reproduce your issue I won't be able to help you to solve that issue.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206150
by ijsbaanleuven
Replied by ijsbaanleuven on topic required fields registration empty
I have the same problem, but I do not have any custom fields.
Also I cannot reproduce this error, it is really random ...
my site : www.ijsbaanleuven.be
BR,
joris
Also I cannot reproduce this error, it is really random ...
my site : www.ijsbaanleuven.be
BR,
joris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #206225
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic required fields registration empty
Hello Joris,
Can you give me a link to your SHOP so that I can directly test it on your end ? But note that without a proper way to reproduce the issue I won't be able to understand from where your issue is coming.
Can you give me a link to your SHOP so that I can directly test it on your end ? But note that without a proper way to reproduce the issue I won't be able to understand from where your issue is coming.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206312
by ijsbaanleuven
Replied by ijsbaanleuven on topic required fields registration empty
www.ijsbaanleuven.be/zomer-patches
Aware of the situation, that's why I already mentioned that I was unable myself to reproduce the problem ...
BR,
Joris
PS Thanks for having a look at it, but it is not a real big issue for us, as we only use SIPS2.0 and I do get the customer email.
Cheers !
Aware of the situation, that's why I already mentioned that I was unable myself to reproduce the problem ...
BR,
Joris
PS Thanks for having a look at it, but it is not a real big issue for us, as we only use SIPS2.0 and I do get the customer email.
Cheers !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206313
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic required fields registration empty
Hi,
We were not able to reproduce the issue too, we will give it another try later
We were not able to reproduce the issue too, we will give it another try later
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds