Trouble configuring user login and registration
11 years 7 months ago #190191
by Jethro
Trouble configuring user login and registration was created by Jethro
-- HikaShop version -- : strater - 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 35.0.1
Hi everyone,
I am struggling with showing a user registration page and login pages... apologies f this is simple and easy, but I am pulling my hair out with it.
Here is the URL of my site: www.smart-drones.com
Currently I have the standard Joomla! Login form displayed as a dropdown in my Main Menu navigation bar as you can see in the screenshot below:
A couple of things are not functioning...
1 - When I click the "create an account" link I get taken to a completely blank page.
It is the same for the other two links. Nothing is showing.
I have configured menu items for the pages, but still, nothing shows. I followed the steps below:
When I click "create and account" I want it to take me to a page just like in the Hikashop demo: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/component...s/?view=registration
2 - I want my menu item (with the drop down) to take an already logged in user to his "profile page" where he can check his cart and account settings...
If the person does not have an account it redirects the page to a registration form.
Sorry if this is too complex
Many thanks in advance for your kind replies...
Sincerely,
Jethro.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 35.0.1
Hi everyone,
I am struggling with showing a user registration page and login pages... apologies f this is simple and easy, but I am pulling my hair out with it.
Here is the URL of my site: www.smart-drones.com
Currently I have the standard Joomla! Login form displayed as a dropdown in my Main Menu navigation bar as you can see in the screenshot below:
A couple of things are not functioning...
1 - When I click the "create an account" link I get taken to a completely blank page.
It is the same for the other two links. Nothing is showing.
I have configured menu items for the pages, but still, nothing shows. I followed the steps below:
- Go to the Menus menu then select Main Menu
- Click on the New button
- For Menu Item Type click the Select button then select Hikashop then select Registration form on the bottom of the list
- For Menu Title enter Register
- Click the Save & Close button
When I click "create and account" I want it to take me to a page just like in the Hikashop demo: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/component...s/?view=registration
2 - I want my menu item (with the drop down) to take an already logged in user to his "profile page" where he can check his cart and account settings...
If the person does not have an account it redirects the page to a registration form.
Sorry if this is too complex
Many thanks in advance for your kind replies...
Sincerely,
Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190255
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Trouble configuring user login and registration
Hi,
1 - please re-download HikaShop 2.3.5 to be sure that you have the latest build.
Maybe a problem with the HikaShop user plugin.
When you have a blank page, you should check your PHP error log or activate the error reporting in your Joomla configuration.
2 - You need to use ACL on the menu items to hide/show depending their user group.
Regards,
1 - please re-download HikaShop 2.3.5 to be sure that you have the latest build.
Maybe a problem with the HikaShop user plugin.
When you have a blank page, you should check your PHP error log or activate the error reporting in your Joomla configuration.
2 - You need to use ACL on the menu items to hide/show depending their user group.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #190737
by Jethro
Replied by Jethro on topic Trouble configuring user login and registration
Hi Jerome!
Thank you so much for your response. It appears as though I have got things working, take a look here: smart-drones.com/login
At first I was very worried that this was some deep incompatibility between Hikashop and Bootstrap 3 which my template is based off of.
So I assigned the Hikashop Registration Form menu item to the "Protostar" template and, lo and behold, the register form would work.
As you can see in the img below, I I needed to change the "Layout" of my Purity III template to a layout that had the "automatic position for components". Now it works fine.
The layout on the left does not have a place for automatic components, however the right has a position for it, so the right layout works fine.
However I have a question regarding the styling of the registration form... I want my user registration/login page to look like this...
But I can not position the registration form because it is a component. What css do I need to change to display like the mockup image above?
Sincerest regards,
Jethro.
Thank you so much for your response. It appears as though I have got things working, take a look here: smart-drones.com/login
At first I was very worried that this was some deep incompatibility between Hikashop and Bootstrap 3 which my template is based off of.
So I assigned the Hikashop Registration Form menu item to the "Protostar" template and, lo and behold, the register form would work.
As you can see in the img below, I I needed to change the "Layout" of my Purity III template to a layout that had the "automatic position for components". Now it works fine.
The layout on the left does not have a place for automatic components, however the right has a position for it, so the right layout works fine.
However I have a question regarding the styling of the registration form... I want my user registration/login page to look like this...
But I can not position the registration form because it is a component. What css do I need to change to display like the mockup image above?
Sincerest regards,
Jethro.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Jethro.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190765
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble configuring user login and registration
Please do not post a question several times. The answer is on the other thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ion-form.html#190763
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ion-form.html#190763
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds