- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Add to cart process
- wardbriannz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 11 months ago #215720
by wardbriannz
Add to cart process was created by wardbriannz
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
I would like to configure the checkout process in the follow way;
Guest user attempts to add a product to cart by clicking on the "add to cart" button-->when they click the "add to cart" button I want Hikashop to redirect the user to a custom page where I can advise them that they need to register first, within this custom page I will provide the user with a link to the community builder registration process.
How can I achieve this?
-- Joomla version -- : Latest
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
I would like to configure the checkout process in the follow way;
Guest user attempts to add a product to cart by clicking on the "add to cart" button-->when they click the "add to cart" button I want Hikashop to redirect the user to a custom page where I can advise them that they need to register first, within this custom page I will provide the user with a link to the community builder registration process.
How can I achieve this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 11 months ago #215729
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Add to cart process
Hello,
A good solution can be to directly set the "After a product is added to the cart" option to Stay and display a popup notice, and directly edit the "Notice" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".
A good solution can be to directly set the "After a product is added to the cart" option to Stay and display a popup notice, and directly edit the "Notice" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wardbriannz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #215847
by wardbriannz
Replied by wardbriannz on topic Add to cart process
Thanks Mohamed,
Will this only impact guest users? I only want to trigger this functionality for guest users. If it is a registered user than it will add the product to the cart as per normal.
Will this only impact guest users? I only want to trigger this functionality for guest users. If it is a registered user than it will add the product to the cart as per normal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wardbriannz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #215848
by wardbriannz
Replied by wardbriannz on topic Add to cart process
Hi Mohamed,
I have decided that this is probably not the right way of going about it. however, I would like to find out the following information which is still related:
I have decided to use the hikashop login and registration function, however, once the guest user fills out the registration form and clicks on the register button, they are redirected to a blank page. How can I change this blank page so that it will display a message advising the user to confirm their registration by checking their email?
Thanks for your help in advance.
I have decided that this is probably not the right way of going about it. however, I would like to find out the following information which is still related:
I have decided to use the hikashop login and registration function, however, once the guest user fills out the registration form and clicks on the register button, they are redirected to a blank page. How can I change this blank page so that it will display a message advising the user to confirm their registration by checking their email?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wardbriannz
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #215849
by wardbriannz
Replied by wardbriannz on topic Add to cart process
Hi Mohamed,
I figured it out, the reason why it displayed a blank page was because system messages was disabled in my template. It's all working really good now, thanks for your earlier suggestion.
I figured it out, the reason why it displayed a blank page was because system messages was disabled in my template. It's all working really good now, thanks for your earlier suggestion.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds