- Posts: 165
- Thank you received: 3
Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero
- jschroeder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248229
by jschroeder
Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero was created by jschroeder
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
When I go in the admin for a product and lets say I have 2 different prices. Let's say the 1st price is set to $19.99, but I want to set the 2nd price and acl level to a price of zero. This does not work. In fact what ends up happening when you click save is, it does not save the new acl or price to the database.
if you set the first/initial price field to zero it will work, but not if you create additional acl levels and set the price to zero.
This makes no sense to me. We have a case where certain people/ companies get free prices for certain products that are not free to the public, so I have to be able to set the product price to zero for different/multiple acl levels. Also, it cannot be done through discounts/ coupons etc because there are to many products.
How do I fix this? This is very urgent as I have a project due tomorrow and I would have never though this would be an issue to set a price to zero for different acl levels.
Thanks,
Josh
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
When I go in the admin for a product and lets say I have 2 different prices. Let's say the 1st price is set to $19.99, but I want to set the 2nd price and acl level to a price of zero. This does not work. In fact what ends up happening when you click save is, it does not save the new acl or price to the database.
if you set the first/initial price field to zero it will work, but not if you create additional acl levels and set the price to zero.
This makes no sense to me. We have a case where certain people/ companies get free prices for certain products that are not free to the public, so I have to be able to set the product price to zero for different/multiple acl levels. Also, it cannot be done through discounts/ coupons etc because there are to many products.
How do I fix this? This is very urgent as I have a project due tomorrow and I would have never though this would be an issue to set a price to zero for different acl levels.
Thanks,
Josh
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jschroeder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jschroeder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 165
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248232
by jschroeder
Replied by jschroeder on topic Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero
I would like to also add you can trick the system by typing 0.0, but if you type just 0 in the field then it will not save a 2nd or 3rd acl price. How do I fix it so that I can just type 0?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jschroeder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248230
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero
Hi,
The trick if you want to set a "0.00" price is to save the value "-0.00".
Otherwise, the value will be considered like an empty or invalid price and will be removed.
Regards,
The trick if you want to set a "0.00" price is to save the value "-0.00".
Otherwise, the value will be considered like an empty or invalid price and will be removed.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jschroeder
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 165
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248296
by jschroeder
Replied by jschroeder on topic Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero
Is this not a bug in back end of the website? I see no reason you should not be able to set a price to 0 for any acl level. You can set the first price to 0 with no issue. It is only when you add additional acl level with pricing.
Also, on a separate note I noticed by default all the acl levels are automatically checked. Is there not a way to automatically uncheck them all. It is very tedious to have to go 1 by 1 on every product for each price level.
Thirdly one thing that is really tedious is if you cannot see the acl level once you type a price and assign it to it. If you have a product that has 5 to 10 different prices per product and you have to go back in and update prices you have no way knowing which price is assigned to what without first clicking on the lock. I would suggest in future versions to make the assigned acl levels for each price to be visible without having to click back on the lock to see it. This is currently a problem with my client.
Thanks,
Josh
Also, on a separate note I noticed by default all the acl levels are automatically checked. Is there not a way to automatically uncheck them all. It is very tedious to have to go 1 by 1 on every product for each price level.
Thirdly one thing that is really tedious is if you cannot see the acl level once you type a price and assign it to it. If you have a product that has 5 to 10 different prices per product and you have to go back in and update prices you have no way knowing which price is assigned to what without first clicking on the lock. I would suggest in future versions to make the assigned acl levels for each price to be visible without having to click back on the lock to see it. This is currently a problem with my client.
Thanks,
Josh
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jschroeder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248298
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cannot Set customer ACL pricing to Zero
Hi,
1) No it is not a bug ; HikaShop has been designed like that.
2) Thanks for your feedback.
We will see how we can improve that in the future.
Maybe a "check all / uncheck all" at the bottom of the list would be helpful.
3) Thanks for your feedback.
We will see how we can improve that in the future.
The usage of tooltip could display some elements without having to click on the lock but with the size of the box, I don't see a good solution to make it visible without breaking a part of the UX.
Regards,
1) No it is not a bug ; HikaShop has been designed like that.
2) Thanks for your feedback.
We will see how we can improve that in the future.
Maybe a "check all / uncheck all" at the bottom of the list would be helpful.
3) Thanks for your feedback.
We will see how we can improve that in the future.
The usage of tooltip could display some elements without having to click on the lock but with the size of the box, I don't see a good solution to make it visible without breaking a part of the UX.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds