- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 1
No e-mail sent from contact form
10 years 3 weeks ago #249339
by mschnyde
No e-mail sent from contact form was created by mschnyde
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.bluegun.ch
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF 48.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : {
"__default": {
"session": {
"counter": 11,
"timer": {
"start": 1473247332,
"last": 1473247438,
"now": 1473247481
},
"token": "eMY19wKvk0PqDLbbjyvYzMonfR80FTAj"
},
"registry": {
"com_hikashop": {
"cart_id": 0,
"zone_id": "204",
"ssl_redirect": 0,
"user_id": 0
}
},
"user": {
"id": 0,
"name": null,
"username": null,
"email": null,
"password": null,
"password_clear": "",
"block": null,
"sendEmail": 0,
"registerDate": null,
"lastvisitDate": null,
"activation": null,
"params": null,
"groups": [],
"guest": 1,
"lastResetTime": null,
"resetCount": null,
"requireReset": null,
"aid": 0
}
}
}
Hi,
I don't get any e-mail from the contact form, neither to admin, nor to customer. I checked the email config of joomla. This works. I get test mail via php-mail and sendmail.
Please can you help me on that?
Debug is currently on.
Kind regards,
Marco
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF 48.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : {
"__default": {
"session": {
"counter": 11,
"timer": {
"start": 1473247332,
"last": 1473247438,
"now": 1473247481
},
"token": "eMY19wKvk0PqDLbbjyvYzMonfR80FTAj"
},
"registry": {
"com_hikashop": {
"cart_id": 0,
"zone_id": "204",
"ssl_redirect": 0,
"user_id": 0
}
},
"user": {
"id": 0,
"name": null,
"username": null,
"email": null,
"password": null,
"password_clear": "",
"block": null,
"sendEmail": 0,
"registerDate": null,
"lastvisitDate": null,
"activation": null,
"params": null,
"groups": [],
"guest": 1,
"lastResetTime": null,
"resetCount": null,
"requireReset": null,
"aid": 0
}
}
}
Hi,
I don't get any e-mail from the contact form, neither to admin, nor to customer. I checked the email config of joomla. This works. I get test mail via php-mail and sendmail.
Please can you help me on that?
Debug is currently on.
Kind regards,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 weeks ago #249342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No e-mail sent from contact form
Hi,
Go in the menu Customers>Emails history. Here, you get a listing of all the emails sent by HikaShop.
Do you see the contact email there ?
If no, then you should get an error message on the frontend telling you why. If you don't see any message, it could come from your Joomla template so try with the default template of Joomla.
If yes, then the problem is with either the email server rejecting the email or the receiving server discarding the email as spam.
For the spam, you can check your emails with mail-tester.com
For the email server rejecting the email, it can come from many things. For example, some don't like the emails in "multiple part" and there is an option in the HikaShop configuration to change that. The test email of Joomla is a simple email without HTML and thus without attachments, without images, without multiple part, etc. So there are a lot less chances that it would be a problem from the email server. Normally, the reason of the email being discarded should be written in the log of the email server so it might be interesting to seek advice of your hosting company with a screenshot of the details of the email in the email history so that they can easily find it.
Go in the menu Customers>Emails history. Here, you get a listing of all the emails sent by HikaShop.
Do you see the contact email there ?
If no, then you should get an error message on the frontend telling you why. If you don't see any message, it could come from your Joomla template so try with the default template of Joomla.
If yes, then the problem is with either the email server rejecting the email or the receiving server discarding the email as spam.
For the spam, you can check your emails with mail-tester.com
For the email server rejecting the email, it can come from many things. For example, some don't like the emails in "multiple part" and there is an option in the HikaShop configuration to change that. The test email of Joomla is a simple email without HTML and thus without attachments, without images, without multiple part, etc. So there are a lot less chances that it would be a problem from the email server. Normally, the reason of the email being discarded should be written in the log of the email server so it might be interesting to seek advice of your hosting company with a screenshot of the details of the email in the email history so that they can easily find it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 weeks ago #249404
by mschnyde
Replied by mschnyde on topic No e-mail sent from contact form
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. To clarify: The contact form used to work in past.
Here my answers:
I got e-mails in my emails history. The latest are from end of June 2016.
I get no error messages when sending an email (check it www.bluegun.ch/kontakt )
I tested with standard purity template, no emails either.
I get emails from joomla admin, why should hikashop put those emails to spam. btw I got other website hosted by the same provider and no problems.
For testing reason I installed a contact form module. This is working.
From my point of view, is this definitively a hikashop problem.
here is the link to my contact form www.bluegun.ch/kontakt
Thank you for your reply. To clarify: The contact form used to work in past.
Here my answers:
I got e-mails in my emails history. The latest are from end of June 2016.
I get no error messages when sending an email (check it www.bluegun.ch/kontakt )
I tested with standard purity template, no emails either.
I get emails from joomla admin, why should hikashop put those emails to spam. btw I got other website hosted by the same provider and no problems.
For testing reason I installed a contact form module. This is working.
From my point of view, is this definitively a hikashop problem.
here is the link to my contact form www.bluegun.ch/kontakt
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #249409
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No e-mail sent from contact form
Hi,
Did you try to use the contact form with the default template of Joomla ? Do you get an error message ?
If no, then there is either another extension interfering, or you have the "Display a contact button on the product page" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration.
So you fall in the first case I explained in my message: you don't get the new contact emails in the email history.I got e-mails in my emails history. The latest are from end of June 2016.
Did you try to use the contact form with the default template of Joomla ? Do you get an error message ?
If no, then there is either another extension interfering, or you have the "Display a contact button on the product page" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds