- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 4 months ago #269855
by joshualdouglas
Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect was created by joshualdouglas
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
Hello,
When trying to sign in to the front-end shop with super users and admins I get the error message:
Error
The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
I have just created a new registered user logged out and logged back in again and this does not happen.
I am very worried that existing customers will not be able to sign back in.
Thanks in advance,
Josh.
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
Hello,
When trying to sign in to the front-end shop with super users and admins I get the error message:
Error
The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
I have just created a new registered user logged out and logged back in again and this does not happen.
I am very worried that existing customers will not be able to sign back in.
Thanks in advance,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #269857
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hi,
The HikaShop ReCaptcha plugin doesn't do anything on the triggers used by Joomla when a user logins. So that shouldn't happen.
Are you sure that this is caused by our plugin and not something else on your website ?
Are you able to reproduce the problem ?
The HikaShop ReCaptcha plugin doesn't do anything on the triggers used by Joomla when a user logins. So that shouldn't happen.
Are you sure that this is caused by our plugin and not something else on your website ?
Are you able to reproduce the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
9 years 4 months ago #270010
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hello,
Good news, I have nearly got the bottom of this:
First, I tried disabling the default Joomla ReCaptcha plugin from a contact form I have on the website.
Logging in as an admin still generated the error...
Next I made new admin account which allowed me to log into the front-end of the website. I tried the old admin accounts and they all worked! At this stage I was very confused.
In the "Customers" section of HikaShop I deleted the administrator then tried to log in and got the "CAPTCHA" error again.
So deleting users from the "Customer" page generates this error.
One thing I still don't understand why the old admin accounts randomly started working again. When I created the first new admin my other admins and super users randomly rejoined the "Customers" list in HikaShop. I was only able to reproduce this once.
What do you think is happening here? Is it a bug?
Thanks,
Josh.
Good news, I have nearly got the bottom of this:
First, I tried disabling the default Joomla ReCaptcha plugin from a contact form I have on the website.
Logging in as an admin still generated the error...
Next I made new admin account which allowed me to log into the front-end of the website. I tried the old admin accounts and they all worked! At this stage I was very confused.
In the "Customers" section of HikaShop I deleted the administrator then tried to log in and got the "CAPTCHA" error again.
So deleting users from the "Customer" page generates this error.
One thing I still don't understand why the old admin accounts randomly started working again. When I created the first new admin my other admins and super users randomly rejoined the "Customers" list in HikaShop. I was only able to reproduce this once.
What do you think is happening here? Is it a bug?
Thanks,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #270028
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hi,
Normally, all the Joomla users should also be listed in the Customers menu of HikaShop. That is handled by the synchronization plugin of HikaShop when a user registers and an additional synchronization is done for all of them when HikaShop is installed or updated or when you click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration.
So you should never not have a corresponding entry in the customers listing of HikaShop for a Joomla user.
It could happen if you had messed with the database by, for example, importing/exporting HikaShop from another website while the user accounts would not be migrated, or another extension changing things on the Joomla user account side.
Hard to say precisely.
Click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration and you should have all the user accounts synchronized and it should then work for all the user accounts.
Normally, all the Joomla users should also be listed in the Customers menu of HikaShop. That is handled by the synchronization plugin of HikaShop when a user registers and an additional synchronization is done for all of them when HikaShop is installed or updated or when you click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration.
So you should never not have a corresponding entry in the customers listing of HikaShop for a Joomla user.
It could happen if you had messed with the database by, for example, importing/exporting HikaShop from another website while the user accounts would not be migrated, or another extension changing things on the Joomla user account side.
Hard to say precisely.
Click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration and you should have all the user accounts synchronized and it should then work for all the user accounts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
9 years 4 months ago #270077
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hello,
This makes sense. The site was cloned from a dev site. "Check Database" fixed this problem.
Thank you so much for your help!
Josh
This makes sense. The site was cloned from a dev site. "Check Database" fixed this problem.
Thank you so much for your help!
Josh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 460
- Thank you received: 19
8 years 3 months ago #294030
by Reincidente
Replied by Reincidente on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hi.
What is the name of the variable to make the translation in the error message?
Thanks.
What is the name of the variable to make the translation in the error message?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294037
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
Hi,
There are several error messages in the Recaptcha plugin with different keys.
Here are all of them:
There are several error messages in the Recaptcha plugin with different keys.
Here are all of them:
Code:
CAPTCHA_ERROR_UNKNOWN="Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INVALIDPUBLICKEY="ReCaptcha couldn't verify the public key"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INVALIDPRIVATEKEY="ReCaptcha couldn't verify the private key"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INVALIDREQUESTCOOKIE="The challenge parameter of the verify script was incorrect"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INCORRECTSOLUTION="The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INCORRECTPARAMETERS="The parameters were incorrect, make sure you are passing all the required parameters"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_INVALIDREFERRER="Invalid referer, reCAPTCHA API keys are tied to a specific domain name for security reasons"
CAPTCHA_ERROR_UNREACHABLERECAPTCHA="We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds